Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

HUGE BEAR!!!

Old 02-24-2007, 11:44 PM

Default HUGE BEAR!!!

[/align]

He was out deer hunting last week when a large grizzly bear charged him from about 50 yards away. The guy emptied his 7mm Magnum semi-automatic rifle into the bear and it dropped a few feet from him. The big bear was still alive so he reloaded and shot it several times in the head.

The bear was just over one thousand six hundred pounds. It stood 12' 6" high at the shoulder, 14' to the top of his head. It's the largest grizzly bear ever recorded in the world.

Of course, the Alaska Fish and Wildlife Commission did not let him keep it as a trophy, but the bear will be stuffed and mounted, and placed on display at the Anchorage airport to remind tourists of the risks involved when in the wild.

Based on the contents of the bears stomach, the Fish and Wildlife Commission established the bear had killed at least two humans in the past 72 hours including a missing hiker.

The US Forest Service, backtracking from where the bear had originated, found the hiker's 38-caliber pistol emptied. Not far from the pistol were the remains of the hiker. The other body has not been found.

Although the hiker fired six shots and managed to hit the grizzly with four shots (the Service ultimately found four 38 caliber slugs along with twelve 7mm slugs inside the bear's dead body), it only wounded the bear and probably angered it immensely.
Old 02-25-2007, 12:02 AM

Default RE: HUGE BEAR!!!

if anyone has the pics post them
thanks,mark
Old 02-25-2007, 05:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

i think that ones an urban legend....check out www.snopes.com

been floatin around for a while

Old 02-25-2007, 05:38 AM
Fork Horn

sounds like the same story going around a year or two ago.
Old 02-25-2007, 07:16 PM
Fork Horn

mark e-mail sent
Old 02-25-2007, 08:39 PM

Urban legend there's about 3 of them put together there, do you really think that they would mount a man eating bear in the airport with the Idea of trying to scare people. That would be just great PR.
Besides they already have record book bears mounted in the Anchorage Airport.
Old 02-25-2007, 09:00 PM

My guess is this is that one with the guy holding the bears paw up beside his head. Surfaced in 02 and i heard about 5 different stories on the bear. The one i believed the most was it was shot by a hunter while bear hunting. Did not attack, had not killed hikers was just a routine shooting. Might not be the same case but prolly is. Gotta love the net. [8D]
Old 02-27-2007, 07:59 PM

Sounds fake to me...
Old 03-01-2007, 12:04 AM

http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/bearhunt.asp

Pictures are there....the bear is huge...but it wasn't eating people and it wasn't a world record.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:33 AM

THAT THING IS HUGE!!!

Quick Reply: HUGE BEAR!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.