Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Zumbo talks on Nugents Forum

Old 04-04-2007, 03:15 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Zumbo talks on Nugents Forum

ORIGINAL: RandyA

Not only has zumbo attacked the average man and his right to own and shoot a certain type of weapon, remember the USO fiasco on here a few years back.USO was trying tosue the states to take resident tags.Well zumbo was on the forefront of defending USO and its owner. He did so on tv and in his writings. USO was trying to take states rights, which is guarenteed by the constitution also. WHy? Zumbo probably got free hunts from the owner of USO and was trying to get a sponsorship.

Thats two strikes as far as I am concerned.
I wish I had a link to post but Jim actually denounced what USO was trying to do in the end. That was the only reason I started watching his show. Anybody else remember it like that?
Old 04-05-2007, 06:40 AM

To no one in general: It's easy as hell to snipe at another on the Internet, put yourself on the high ground in your eyes. But of those on this thread that is meant as a bashing board of Zumbo I'd like too see whom has done 1% of what Zumbo has done worldwide in support of the 2nd Amendment speak up and show the proof.
Oh yes I volunteer in a SCI booth and amaNRA life member, even belong to a few sporting clubs in my area...about average for a normal working gal. But I have you ever heard the phrase..." The pen is mightier than the sword??????"
Old 04-05-2007, 06:49 AM

ORIGINAL: eagle chickie

. But I have you ever heard the phrase..." The pen is mightier than the sword??????"
I agree 100%, with only one minor exception. Mr. Zumbo was preaching to the choir so to speak. When he wrote in outdoorlife or on his hunting show or at the RMEF he was speaking to the already converted. With his unadvised rant he has allowed his prowess to become a detrimental. Those words are speaking to non-believers (if you will).Unfortunately, his 5 minute blog unraveled a lifetime of work. Its like they say in marketing, you cansell a quality product years and news will slowly get around but sell a poor product onceand it spreads like wildfire!
Old 04-05-2007, 08:43 AM

ORIGINAL: ShatoDavis

.....Unfortunately, his 5 minute blog unraveled a lifetime of work. Its like they say in marketing, you cansell a quality product years and news will slowly get around but sell a poor product onceand it spreads like wildfire!
It wasn't the man's 5 minute blog that ruined his career...it was the ill imformed who found it too easy to hit the keys on a keyboard in their eagerness to "pile onto " him. Fourty plus years don't slip away that easily. Zumbo will be right back where he was working for the same people very soon if indeed he really ever left. One may notsee him in the postions formerly held but he'll be on board so to speak. My question is why??? Why would he want to put up with the BS anymore @ 67 yrs young? Why would he wish to doanything but retire??? Pride, possibly. Need, I doubt it.
Ask yourselves this...did Howard Cosell (sp?) find a new career after his " little monkey " comment???
Old 04-05-2007, 09:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

.....Unfortunately, his 5 minute blog unraveled a lifetime of work. Its like they say in marketing, you cansell a quality product years and news will slowly get around but sell a poor product onceand it spreads like wildfire!
It wasn't the man's 5 minute blog that ruined his career...it was the ill imformed who found it too easy to hit the keys on a keyboard in their eagerness to "pile onto " him. Fourty plus years don't slip away that easily. Zumbo will be right back where he was working for the same people very soon if indeed he really ever left.

Why would you tag everyone who disagreed with his comments, and made their disagreement known, "ill informed"? Zumbo is the one who made "ill informed" comments in his blog, admitting that he'd never hunted with AR's, that he'd only ever seen one in a hunting camp, and labelling them "terrorist rifles".

I have to assume from your arguments that you are the one who is ill informed and that you either (a) agree with his blog comments, or (b) cannot recognize the damage he caused by making those comments. Keep in mind that his comments are currently being cited by idiots on Capitol Hill in support of reenacting the AWB.

Zumbo made ignorant and very harmful statements. He deserved to be chastised for it. I hope that his reeducation on the subject has been successful and I think that he may be able to re-establish himself if he continues to move forward with his new view of 2nd Amendment rights.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:30 AM

Whom does he need to "reestablish" himself too? You?? Do you honestly think he gives a rat's a$$ what you think of him?? I will not speak for him but I have serious doubts a corporate big wig much cares what rank 'n file think.
Yes as a matter of fact I do to some degree agree with his comments about those types of weapons for hunting....who needs them for hunting? You?? For that matter who really needs any semi auto single projecyile weapon for sport hunting/ Isn't the sport of hunting,actually hunting and not spraying fire power at the prey?
As to the ill imformed part of my post I'll answer it this way as you don't seem to grasped what I posted. Only an ill imformed poster would bash to the extent of trying to have someone ousted (such as Zumbo) when they don't realize that a writer/figurehead can do much more good for our cause (as he has for 40+ yrs) with us than away from us.Yes he made an error,but when weighed against his 40+ yrs of PRO GUN effort it is just one step backwards. Do you think our Federal Gov't doesn't make errors? Guess what they do ,but still we live in a Democracy free to own guns, free to type this sort of drivel,etc. Everything we do is under the scales of balance .....think about that. think about how Nugent's big mouthis percieved by the non commited of the gun ownership battle....only an ILL IMFORMED would place his brash comments ahead of zumbo's eloquant writings.
Old 04-05-2007, 10:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

Whom does he need to "reestablish" himself too? You?? Do you honestly think he gives a rat's a$$ what you think of him?? I will not speak for him but I have serious doubts a corporate big wig much cares what rank 'n file think.
Not to me, but to the whole community that he damaged by way of his comments. I'm sure he doesn't particularly care what I, individually, think of him. But, I suspect he does care what the 2nd Amendment supporters as a group think of him. Otherwise, he might not have changed his tune. And, corporate big wigs do care what the rank 'n file think, orZumbo wouldn't havelost his sponsorships as a result of a grass roots uprising.

Yes as a matter of fact I do to some degree agree with his comments about those types of weapons for hunting....who needs them for hunting? You?? For that matter who really needs any semi auto single projecyile weapon for sport hunting/ Isn't the sport of hunting,actually hunting and not spraying fire power at the prey?
If you honestly think that people who use semi-autos when hunting are "spraying fire power at their prey", then that says all I need to know about you. You haven't got a clue what you are talking about, so your opinion is the essence of ill-informed.

As to the ill imformed part of my post I'll answer it this way as you don't seem to grasped what I posted. Only an ill imformed poster would bash to the extent of trying to have someone ousted (such as Zumbo) when they don't realize that a writer/figurehead can do much more good for our cause (as he has for 40+ yrs) with us than away from us.Yes he made an error,but when weighed against his 40+ yrs of PRO GUN effort it is just one step backwards. Do you think our Federal Gov't doesn't make errors? Guess what they do ,but still we live in a Democracy free to own guns, free to type this sort of drivel,etc. Everything we do is under the scales of balance .....think about that. think about how Nugent's big mouthis percieved by the non commited of the gun ownership battle....only an ILL IMFORMED would place his brash comments ahead of zumbo's eloquant writings.
Of course he can do good. IF he's sending the right message. Zumbo was sending exactly the opposite of the right message. Again, I'm not one of the people who is calling for his permanent banishment. I hope that he is able to use his considerable talents to send the right message, and to convert ill-informed persons such asyourself to the right side of this argument. There is nothing whatsoever wrong about using an AR for hunting. They are made in a wide variety of calibers and are just as accurate as bolt actions. I'll be taking my AR15 to the lease this year and trying to eradicate some of the jackrabbit population. My next purchase will probably be one of the DPMS AR's in .243, which I think would make a great deer rifle, and if I don't get it in time for deer season this year, I think maybe I'll use my M1A .308 this fall, just because I can.

By the way, you've typed "ill imformed" about half a dozen times now, so I can only assume it's not a typo. The word is informed, not imformed.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:30 AM

only an ILL IMFORMED would place his brash comments ahead of zumbo's eloquant writings.
I would call Mr. Zumbo many things but its funny, eloquent wasn't one of them.
That statement alone proves to me that you are ill informed, or dare I say ignorant with regards to black weapons. The spraying comment is very ignorant. AR'scan be extremely accurate and spraying is needed.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

AR'scan be extremely accurate and spraying is needed.
Maybe I'm being presumptuous... But, did you mean spraying is NOT needed?
Old 04-05-2007, 12:40 PM

I think he did ...but does his 9 word post demand his public flogging??? I see no difference..... he wrote it should we demand his exile..his job...his reputation. You decide...be fair give him as much credit as you gave Zumbo.

I may have been ill "imformed" about inform but not about my opinion ofAR and such, you have yours I have mine. There is a big difference between a Mdl 1100 and and AR15 in my informed opinion

Quick Reply: Zumbo talks on Nugents Forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.