Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Outdoor Writer, Jim Zumbo

Old 02-19-2007, 11:17 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Outdoor Writer, Jim Zumbo

ORIGINAL: ShatoDavis

I've shot it several times and wish I had one of my own!
Better pick one up, then. Zumbo's ridiculous statement, and supportive comments by a few of our members and others in the hunting community, have already been picked up by the anti's. With traitors like Zumbo in our midst, and democrats in charge of the legislature, we'll probably end up with another Klintonesque gun ban in the not-too-distant future.
Old 02-19-2007, 12:30 PM

ORIGINAL: ipscshooter

I've shot it several times and wish I had one of my own!
Klintonesque gun ban in the not-too-distant future.
Klintonesque?
Old 02-19-2007, 12:45 PM

ORIGINAL: Idaho hunter 58

Klintonesque?
Clinton esque ie clinto like see also Brady Bill, Assualt weapons ban etc.
Old 02-19-2007, 06:24 PM
CG

I can't believe people are supporting this guy....unbelievable....I have an AR-15 and it is a very effective predator rifle. Who are you to say I shouldn't have it?!?!? Unbelievable.....It "looks" scary so we shouldn't have it... what a crock....DO you people realize it is one of the most accurate shooting platforms available???
Old 02-19-2007, 07:40 PM
Typical Buck

Wasn't the 1903 an assult weapon in it's time.
Old 02-19-2007, 10:32 PM
Typical Buck

Sounds like Jim put his foot in his mouth and it will cost him. Whythose of the hunting faternity choose to divide us is beyond me. Although I don't own an AR or any other, I don't have a problem with anyone who wants to hunt with one. As long as they can make a clean kill and it's legal in that state then so be it. I enjoy watching Jim's TV show and will contine watching but don't agree with what he said. First they ban them and then they try to ban all semi autos and continue on from there.

In Canada,a prime example is one I read about today in the Outdoor News. Had to do with something called Resolution 42 which the Federal Liberal Party was trying to pass. Passed at their convention in Montreal late last year. Apparently, it didn't get alot of attention as it was done outside of government but then someone outside the party read it. The resolution aimed to ban semi auto firearms. It wouldn't have gotten far as they weren't in power but you never know these days...
Old 02-20-2007, 07:50 AM
Fork Horn

He is only sorry because Remington cut all ties to him so fast it left his head spinning. I will look for the others to follow or they will get emails from me, esp, Cabela's, Swarovski, RMEF.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:06 PM

ORIGINAL: Idaho hunter 58

Klintonesque?
Clinton esque ie clinto like see also Brady Bill, Assualt weapons ban etc.

yes, thank you Shato Davis, I am aware of what IPS was trying to say. I really don't care what anyone has to say about anything, if they can't even spell our past president's last name correctly, Clinton.
Old 02-23-2007, 01:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, I guess it's time for Jim to go out and get a real job like the rest of us poor S.O.B.'s, and see if he can afford to take one of those $ 10,000-$20,000African or Alaskan safari's on his own pocketbook!
Old 02-23-2007, 07:23 AM
Typical Buck

I see Rem has booted him now, and he's 'quit' Outdoor Life, and Cabela's is'reviewing' his contract. Seems as tho Jim is imploding.Jim says his comments are 'biggest mistake of my 42 yr career'. No sh.t Jim. Well, unemployment pays 359.00 a week so you can still go hunting even with a sore tongue.

I liked his writing a lot, but onthe 2nd Amendment stuff like assault weapons we ALL need be UNITED. It's the only way to stay the course againsts the Clintonistas and Brady and AlQuaida nuts.

If you're not a NRA lifer you need to be.

Quick Reply: Outdoor Writer, Jim Zumbo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.