Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Meat

Old 02-09-2007, 10:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Meat

What do you dowith the meat? Obviously you keep it but if you are like me, I keep some of the meat then i donate the rest to the local food bank
Old 02-09-2007, 10:15 AM

Default RE: Meat

I get an elk in august usually while i am back home so i take that with me to college and chew on it all winter. Deer, i usually give most of it away to my neighbor. I keep a bit to make one little batch of sausage and thats bout it. Have a bunch of goose meat for sausage and we raise beef so really don't need more deer meat, give it to someone who will use it.
Old 02-09-2007, 10:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

Eat it! We basically live on venison in my house, sad day when i have to go cook beef steak, though I do prefer beef oven roasts. I process all my own meat; choice cuts are done into steak, some stewing meat and the rest is grind for burger, sausage or jerky. I usually have elk, mooseand deer in the freezer each year. I always give a deer to a buddies father who can't hunt anymore and disperse my eats to family members as well.

Old 02-09-2007, 10:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I keep it all except some that I give to the in-laws.
Old 02-09-2007, 05:32 PM
Fork Horn

150 lb burger, 75 lb summer sausage, 50 lb snack sticks, 75 lb bratwurst, 75 lb various other sausage links, 50 lb breakfast sausage,steak all straps and elk hams & some antelope/deer hams, roasts, stew meat, jerkey. Or some similar variation of that pretty much annually.

Mom getsa deer worth, a couple of local fams. w/ lots of kids and low income geta deer, sometimes I give some meat to employees who need it, and the rest is consumed by ourselves and guests at our table.

This all works out on a good hunting year of course.
Old 02-10-2007, 12:57 AM

Shot an elk for the family then donated 5 whitetails does to two need families. Left me without jerky meat, but I feel good knowing the meat went to a better cause.
Old 02-10-2007, 06:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

We stick it in the freezer, and then we make chili. Pretty much all that makes it at most in the freezer is whitetail deer and Eastern Turkey.
Old 02-10-2007, 07:00 AM
Typical Buck

i usually kill 6-8 deer a year , i always process and take my landowners where i hunt at least one deer. they like to can there meat so i cut it in 1in cubes . what i keep for myself which is 3-4 deer ,i put all loins up whole to be grilled raped in bacon in summer. i have a hobart cuber so most everything else gets run thru it . this is tenderest way i've found to eat deer .
Old 02-11-2007, 10:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I share it with family members as they run out of food, (2 college kids) there is no way in heck my girlfriend and I can eat as much as I bring home. I usually will kill 4-5 big game animals a year with one being an elk.
Old 02-11-2007, 03:24 PM
Typical Buck

WE EAT IT! i cant rember the last time i have had beef.....all we eat is elk

Quick Reply: Meat

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.