Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Lets hear your scent elimination system.

Old 02-03-2007, 10:46 AM
Fork Horn

Default Lets hear your scent elimination system.

This is not intended to be a Scent-Lok or not thread. I choose to use Scent-Lok and Scent-Blocker clothing as part of my system.

I begin with showering or washing with Hunter Secrets scent free soap/shampoo, followed by H.S. scent free deodorant under the arms and the back of my neck and forehead.
The first layer is Medalist anti-microbial lightweight underwear. Washed in Scent killer clothes wash.
Depending on the weather, either Scent-Lok Savanna bibs and bomber jacket, hat and veil. Gloves are usually half finger cheapies washed in scent killer clothes wash. If its cold, expedition fleece undies with a heavy weight fleece under the outerwear. Whitwater Inc. Scent-Blocker water-proof jacket with hood and Cabela's water-proof Scent-Lok bibs for the rainy days.
Rubber boots, insulated and non-insulated are the final step.

Backpack and bow or gun get sprayed along with everything else with Scent-killer spray.
I have a Thermacell with extra cartrtidges and pads, but no Bug armour.

I am going to Manitoba this spring for Black bear. Am I missing anything?
This is my first big time guided hunt and Iwant to put all the odds in my favor.

Good Hunting,
Bowflex

Old 02-03-2007, 11:18 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Lets hear your scent elimination system.

No special pre-cautions here. I hunt the wind, period or backout & wait for it to change or try another time! Don't ever kill anything but look at all the money I save!! (grin)

ElkNut1
Old 02-03-2007, 11:54 AM

Call me strange call me a money waster call me whatever but this is what i do and have not got busted by an elk since. Week b4 i start showering with scent killer soap and shower each time just b4 going out. Have all my clothes washed with scent killer and earth cover scent, then keep them on the balestack in the barn. Put my scentlock in the dryer, get all of my gear out of the barn and throw it on the back of the truck. Drive to my spot in my undies, get out gear up with my suit, camo, and rubber boots. Spray myself down with scent killer/earth scent. About 1/4 mile from my spot i put some red fox urine on the top of each of my rubber boots then rub my bottoms of my feet on them. Get to the stand i set out my elkfire and wait.
Old 02-03-2007, 12:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dirt wafers, scent killer spray, and hunt with the wind in my favor as much as possible! If the wind is not in my favor, I move until it is. The wind does not have to be straight in your face, just in your favor.
Old 02-03-2007, 05:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wind.

I will be gone for days on end at times, and eliminating all scent is just about impossible. I have gotten close to animals by using cover to my advantage and keeping the wind in my favor.

Later,

Marcial
Old 02-03-2007, 05:47 PM

I've always wondered something . . .
If scentlock type products really work . . .
Then why do I still smell my hunting buddy's farts on the way to hunt?!!
Old 02-03-2007, 05:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: elknut1

No special pre-cautions here. I hunt the wind, period or backout & wait for it to change or try another time! Don't ever kill anything but look at all the money I save!! (grin)

ElkNut1
Where the heck have you been hiding elknut????

I use mother natures scent, nothing like the smell of some musty old bull pi$$ to cover any smells that I have,
Old 02-03-2007, 07:46 PM
Typical Buck

Chad, I've been very busy!! I still hit the normal Sites, but am also working on 3 more videos. I hope to have them ready early summer. I'll see you at the 3d shoots for sure! Too, I'll be at the 1st Boise Trad show the 1st of March, it's at the same time as the Sport Show. Are you going?

ElkNut / Paul
Old 02-03-2007, 09:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will probably be working one of the booths at the sports show.....
Old 02-03-2007, 10:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Use the wind mostly!!

Quick Reply: Lets hear your scent elimination system.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.