Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Propane Heaters in a Tent

Old 02-07-2007, 10:55 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Propane Heaters in a Tent

ORIGINAL: Monie

It may be that it worked for you. BUT the warning on the box tells you NOT to use it indoors. There's gotta be a reason for that.
That's actually not true. I don't know which version you have but the box mine came in says "indoor safe". In fact here is part of the description that is on Cabela's website.

"Portable Big Buddy Heater is ideal for taking the chill off almost any place you need extra warmth. And because it's equipped with a low-oxygen shut-off pilot safety, it can be used safely in tents, blinds, ice shacks and other enclosed areas. "

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/pod/standard-pod-wrapped.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/pod-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat20075-cat280026_TGP&rid=&indexId=cat280026&n avAction=push&masterpathid=&navCount=1&amp ;parentType=index&parentId=cat280026&id=00 27876

Possibly you have an older one?

Anyway I love mine when I'm tenting it. I also use the 20 lb bottle and it works great, too easy not touse like somone else said. I do keep the propane bottle outside the tent and run a hose inside.