Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

OUTFITTER GONE BAD?

Old 01-28-2007, 09:12 PM

Default OUTFITTER GONE BAD?

guys im need some info, for those of you that have hunted in canada, esp, for black bear.i was reading on a outfitter site, and this 1 outfitter shot a small, and i mean small black bear. the hunter was mad cause his black bear , was all scuffed up and had missing hair, he made the comment that it wasnt a good rug.so , the outfitter let him take another bear, AND JUS SUPPOSEDLY THE LITTLE BEAR, COME UP MISSING FROM THE BOAT, AFTER IT WAS LEFT THERE OVERNIGHT...........NOW MY QUESTION IS THIS" HOW MANY BEARS CAN U KILL WITH A BEAR TAG?.......AND DID THE HUNTER BREAK ANY LAWS????????? IM JUST CURIOUS CAUSE THIS GUY IS SUPPOSED TO A PROFFESSSIONAL OUTFITTER, SEEMS TO ME LIKE I SHOULDNT WASTE MY MONEY WITH HIM........
Old 01-28-2007, 09:28 PM

Default RE: OUTFITTER GONE BAD?

One bear= one tag. Gave him another shot to keep the customer happy and coming back but it is against the law. First bear was probably not tagged and saved for the next one. This isn't catch and release, if you don't want it then don't shoot it. Find a different guide.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:23 AM

I cant tell you what the law is in canada, but can tell you I would not shot a bear that squares under 6 feet. Many people do many things for money and alot of them are not legal or moral. We all know whats wrong and right, its you responsibility to take the higher road. Here in alaska, hide condition is equal to size in importance, who wants a rubbed bear.

Terry
Old 01-29-2007, 08:07 AM

Being a bear outfitter myself, I find that extremely disturbing. If I had someone shoot a bear that they weren't happy with and then want to shoot another one, I would tell them to pack their bags and head for the boarder. They would be taking their bear with them, of course.
Old 01-30-2007, 08:45 PM

It depends on the province. In b.c. you can get two bear tags over the counter per season.