Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Is it just me?

Old 01-18-2007, 10:35 AM

Default Is it just me?

Is it just me or does it take too long for elk season to get here? I am already looking forward to September. I want to get back into the Rockies and listen to those bugling elk again.
I live in WV, so getting in theRockies before then isn't an option for me. So I reallylook forward to Sept.
I didn't connect on an elk this pastarchery season, 12" of snow didn't make for an easy hunt, but had a good time none the less. I don't have to harvest anelk to have a good hunt, but I sure do like tothoughts of getting a nice bull. I have taken 3 bullswith my bow on public land on DIY hunts.

Old 01-18-2007, 02:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Is it just me?

I hear ya! We had 18" of snow in late September bowhunting in CO this past year. Sure made spot and stalk a lot more difficult. None of us connected either but it was awesome nonetheless. I think that elk hunting is the epitome of bowhunting.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:07 PM

Yah had the same problem with the snow but we had about 3 feet of snow, and wasnt able to connect with an elk untill the end of Nov.

Old 01-19-2007, 09:25 AM

yeah, that much snow makes it tough. I did have a 5x5 bull come in silent in the snow but, couldn't get a shot on my first evening. After that nothing for the rest of the week.
I have had to deal with the snow 2 of the last 3 seasons. Tough luck but I still enjoyed the hunts.
Old 01-22-2007, 10:59 AM
Typical Buck

looking at that picture makes me miss the woods i hunt in sage brush now lol but dont get me rong its great