Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Help me relocate perhaps?

Old 01-18-2007, 09:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Help me relocate perhaps?

I think about any of the western states would be good. A guy can hunt antelope, mule deer, elk, upland birds, coyotes, water fowl, prairie dogs, plus many more species. CO., WY., MT., and maybe UT. should be worth checking into!
Old 01-18-2007, 10:11 AM

Campo, you actually thinking about moving because of elk hunting?
WOW! Must be pretty bad where you are. Any out-of-stater can buy a license over the counter in Colo and I think parts of Idaho.

Anyhoo . . . Colo has the highest population of elk, but I suspect the lowest elk hunting population density would be parts of Idaho and Wyoming. You can't get a license in NM or AR. And Utah . . . there's a tee shirt I saw once that says it all: "Eat, Drink, and be Merry . . . for tomorrow you may be in Utah!

And u s a . . . Nice way to talk to a fellow poster. Californians have been exiting in droves in recent years and most Coloradans are fed up with the problems they (some . . . not all), bring. Trouble in schools, over inflated property values, rudeness on the freeways . . . If he's not talking about you, don't take it so personal.
Old 01-18-2007, 02:52 PM

If you are a teacher, I would NOT recommend Montana, as they get paid little to nothing here, unfortunately. I think Wyoming is quite a bit better from what I have heard, as far as pay goes, and you could still hunt everything you want.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ditto on MT,pay scale sucks and the best places are full of Kaliforins(yes I spell it that way).
There is good elk in Colorado,Idaho,WY,NV,Washington,AZ, and NM.
I would realy look at how much you like snow,and winter cause sometimes it can be long.Look at other activitys you enjoy befor you make a life changing jump.
BBJ
Old 01-18-2007, 08:19 PM
Fork Horn

Having lived in Montana, Colorado and currently in Arizona as well as having hunted in New Mexico.I would really look hard at Northern New Mexico since they have some really excellent elk and it's just a stones throw from Colorado. You can always put in for Arizona and the other excellent elk hunting states and they are not that far of a drive if you were to get drawn for a tag. Santa Fe, Taos and several other small town are eager to get good teachers. Another plus is the NRA Whittington Center is located in that area as well and you can get drawn for tags there as well.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:57 PM
usa
Fork Horn

game4lunch, when someone asks a question and gets good civil advice and then someone throws in personal crap that has no relation to the subject they are not a "fellow poster " they are an antagonist. Change the california to Black/jew/hispanic/redneck and you will see the personal prejudice emerging. I could do 2 pages of the good or bad of almost every state, but I would never be ignorant enough to judge a person by something as simple as where he live's and yes I obviously do take it personal.