Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Need Caribou outfitter recom.

Old 01-04-2007, 02:53 PM

Default Need Caribou outfitter recom.

I was wondering if anyone could rec. a good caribou outfitter.

Thanks
RBBH
Old 01-04-2007, 03:10 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Need Caribou outfitter recom.

I only know a good one in Newfoundland (for Woodland Caribou).
If you want Quebec, Labrador (for Baron Ground Caribou) or Alaska check out the thread on the Other Areas forum.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

For Quebec, Jack Hume Adventures is excellent..Hunted with him last Sept...Very well organized and lots of resources...

Since the Mulchatna herd declined in AK I can't personally recommend any AK outfitters.. The hot place to hunt is the western arctic herd around Kotzebue..

NTW has always had a fairly limited number of outfitters, most of whom are reputable and well organized.. I hunted with Adventure Northwest at Little Marten Lake in 1994 and had an outstanding hunt,but that was awhile ago...
Old 01-05-2007, 07:04 AM

Thanks for the replies!! Have you guys heard anything good/bad about Norpaq adventures?
Old 01-05-2007, 10:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm sorry,..I have heard of Norpaq but have no first hand experience with them.. They may be fine, but keep in mind that there there ARE some fly-by-nighters in Quebec..

The only two Quebec outfitters I would stick my neck out to endorse would be Jack Hume, due to personal experience PLUS experience of many of my friends, and Tuttilick, due to an overwhelming amount of positive feedback on the hunting forums...
Old 01-05-2007, 10:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Norpaq is a first rate organization. They really are. They bailed me out once on my first caribou hunt when I booked with a chump. They didn't even know we were coming but took care of us anyway in first class order. I am going back up with them this year along with 5 friends so we can have the camp to ourselves. They have their own plane now from Montreal so you don't have to worry about anything once you get to Montreal. They have mobile camps and will move you if necessary, but that doesn't happen very often because they prescout. I can't say enough about the time we had and the service they provided. My dad, who has been going on big game bow hunts for over 30 years, said it was the greatest hunt he has ever been on.
Old 01-12-2007, 07:42 PM
Fork Horn

I am having trouble deciding myself. I have narrowed it down to Jack Hume, Safari Nordik, and Club Chambeaux. It seems that I find a little thing on each I like. It is really tough to decide when spending this much money!!
Old 01-13-2007, 07:49 AM
Fork Horn

I just went to Tuttulik's site. They don't look too bad either. Now I think it is between Jack Hume, Safari Nordik, and Tuttulik....
Old 01-13-2007, 08:49 AM
Typical Buck

I hunted with Tuttulik in 06 and it was incredible.

You can check out my complete hunt here complete with pictures.
http://www.bowhuntingnut.blogspot.com/

Click on August on the bottom left and you can start from my planning.

If you want to ask anything you can PM me here, email me at [email protected]

I WILL be going back with them in the future.

Don
Old 01-13-2007, 06:21 PM
Fork Horn

Looking at Tuttulik- Are they bow only? What is their guide to hunter ratio?

Quick Reply: Need Caribou outfitter recom.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.