Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

The BEST bear bait in my book

Old 01-01-2007, 11:20 AM

Default The BEST bear bait in my book

So far my favorite is marsh-mellow,Syrup,Powdered jello,Sugar just add it together in a pan, Your going to need bring it to low boiluntil marshmellows turn into a sort of liquid.If you are going to hunt with it use lots of marsh-mellows 1 pint of syrup and 1/2 to1 pound of sugar if your in bear country watch out they'll be there that day.{I"ve not tryed it for hunting because in this state you can not bait but on my animal cam they come fast} TRY IT then post how ya like it. [ and use pan you will not need any more sticky stuff hard to clean}
Old 01-01-2007, 02:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: The BEST bear bait in my book

lets see some pics of those bears...
Old 01-01-2007, 03:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Is it unethical to bait bears?
Old 01-01-2007, 03:11 PM

I tried loading pics but it keeps saying file is to large.
Old 01-01-2007, 10:08 PM

ORIGINAL: isatarak

Is it unethical to wear cow in heat scent on your boots, use a cow call, or a bugle?
Old 01-02-2007, 06:13 PM

How many bears have you seen in the wild, in hunting season, and not eating a gut pile and did you have a tag? Now I'm not trying to be mean but I'm tired of sportsmen being split by differn't metheds of hunting, as long as its legal its fine by me. No I DO NOT think it is "unethical" to use bait, I have and will continue to use ever LEGAL advantage possible.

Martin Murphy, THANKS!!! I'm planning on baiting bear in the spring, I'll double check the regs but I'm pretty sure its all lagit, I will definatly try it. Oh and to downsize the pics upload them to photobucket.com. 1: create account 2:click on browse(already put the pic on your desktop)select image and wait for it to show up in the box 3:in little blue letters it will say uploading options, click on that and change the size to "message board" and if that is too big use "website, email" 4:upload 5:double click on image, wait for the page to load 6: if you have a PC right click on the image and save to your desktop if you don't have a PC click on file and save to desktop 7: Than upload the image like you did before(on huntingnet) by clicking on browse and than desktop and there it is, your done. Complicated but its the only way I know, goodluck.
Old 01-02-2007, 06:39 PM

In utah, you can bait in bears to bow hunt but cannot run dogs off of bait. A dead horse makes great bear bait for bow hunting or taking pictures.
Old 01-03-2007, 01:17 PM
Spike

Bear baiting is necessary bear population control in interior AK.The cover is just too thick, you just don't see the bears otherwise.
Old 01-03-2007, 03:10 PM

If you have a bear near camp or you are traveling light, use a drip can.
Take a tin can poke a hole in the bottom as to allow syrup or Honey to drip real slow, hang it up about 15 foot."GETS THE SMELL OUT THEIR"

Old 01-03-2007, 10:10 PM

Not according to the supreme court. A few years ago an animal rights outfit sued the Wyomong G&F for allowing bear baits. It took 3 or 4 years in the courts, but eventually the G&F won and we can now bait bears. There are strict regs but it is allowed.

How many of you all bait whitetails? Feeders, food plots, corn on the ground.

Hey martinmurphy, think that concoction would mix well with oats? Be a good way to handle the mix and make it stretch.

Quick Reply: The BEST bear bait in my book

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.