Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

First Post

Old 01-05-2007, 06:17 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: First Post

ORIGINAL: Justice4all

ORIGINAL: AK Jeff

Nice pics Justice4all. So whereabouts near Fairbanks are you? I'm on the west side of town (Chena Ridge). That moose sure is a hog. It really puts to shame the 40" bull that I shot in 20B this year. Was the 'bou up the Dalton? Congratulations and thanks for sharing the pics.

AK Jeff
I actually live in North Pole a little outside of Fort Wainwright. thanks for the comments on the moose, I know there was luck involved being this is my first year up here and I didn't have residency at the time. I ended up taking himin 20B also.

Yes, I got the bou on the Dalton. I have seen much bigger ones up there, but the late migration made it difficult to get a hog. I saw several booner bulls with either one antler or no antlers at all that late in the season.

I really need to see the pics of your moose. From what I hearthe moose hunt was kind of a bust around here this year and any bull you get is a good bull. Even though I heard it was a bad year we saw plenty of bulls and could have taken more the two we got.
You can count your lucky stars if you got a 62" bull before you even got residency...and in Unit 20B to boot. Lots of guys spend big bucks for remote fly outs just in hopes of seeing a bull that big. You got spoiled, but congratulations regardless. I'll have to try and resize my moose picture to fit the file size limit. In the meantime here's a caribou I shot on the North Slope this year. You'll have to stop by http://www.pristineventures.com/cgi/messageboard/board.pland shoot the breeze sometime. Lots of AK fellas on that forum.

Old 01-05-2007, 09:11 PM
Fork Horn

Here's this years moose Justice4all...

Old 01-05-2007, 09:35 PM

WOW, those are some fine critters. Hats off to both of you. I live and hunt in Montana and consider myself fortunate, but you guys up north are living a dream. Way to go!
Old 01-05-2007, 11:45 PM

great moose!!
Old 01-06-2007, 06:18 PM

Welcome, thats an awsome moose! congrats.
Old 01-07-2007, 09:25 PM
Spike

You can count your lucky stars if you got a 62" bull before you even got residency...and in Unit 20B to boot.
Yeah that's what a lot of folks tell me. I was just out there trying as hard as I could to get a good bull.

I don't think there is enough credit given to 20B. I saw 2 other bulls that were just as big or bigger than the one I killed, we tried to close the distance on those but were unsuccessful. We also saw numerous smaller bulls in the spike to 30" range, but we opted not to take them. It was a lot of fun and look forward to doing it again.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome to the form Justic4all. I enjoyed the pictures.
Old 01-08-2007, 03:24 PM

BEAUTY MOOSE! Welcome aboard and have fun.