Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

First Post

Old 01-01-2007, 02:13 PM

Default RE: First Post

ORIGINAL: Justice4all

ORIGINAL: mallard stalker

Welcome! Where doyou live? Where ever looks fun!
I live near Fairbanks, AK. Right in the middle of moose country.
lucky!
Old 01-02-2007, 11:18 AM
Typical Buck

nice i wish i could live up there but i do live in one of the best elk hunting places in the us
Old 01-02-2007, 11:24 AM
Dominant Buck

Welcome!

Awesome Pictures! Congrat's
Old 01-02-2007, 04:06 PM
Fork Horn

Nice pics Justice4all. So whereabouts near Fairbanks are you? I'm on the west side of town (Chena Ridge). That moose sure is a hog. It really puts to shame the 40" bull that I shot in 20B this year. Was the 'bou up the Dalton? Congratulations and thanks for sharing the pics.

AK Jeff
Old 01-02-2007, 04:18 PM
Dominant Buck

Welcome and beautiful kills.
Old 01-03-2007, 12:36 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: AK Jeff

Nice pics Justice4all. So whereabouts near Fairbanks are you? I'm on the west side of town (Chena Ridge). That moose sure is a hog. It really puts to shame the 40" bull that I shot in 20B this year. Was the 'bou up the Dalton? Congratulations and thanks for sharing the pics.

AK Jeff
I actually live in North Pole a little outside of Fort Wainwright. thanks for the comments on the moose, I know there was luck involved being this is my first year up here and I didn't have residency at the time. I ended up taking himin 20B also.

Yes, I got the bou on the Dalton. I have seen much bigger ones up there, but the late migration made it difficult to get a hog. I saw several booner bulls with either one antler or no antlers at all that late in the season.

I really need to see the pics of your moose. From what I hearthe moose hunt was kind of a bust around here this year and any bull you get is a good bull. Even though I heard it was a bad year we saw plenty of bulls and could have taken more the two we got.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:13 AM

Looks like you've had some great hunting adventures!
Old 01-04-2007, 12:35 PM
Spike

Yes, I have had my fair share of adventure over the years and have learned many great lessons.

I normally like entering a new forum with some credibility. I hate having my opinions discounted because of a low post count, although this forum seems a bit more welcome than some others.
Old 01-04-2007, 12:44 PM

Thats is an AWESOME moose wow, thats also a mighty fine looking caribou you got there, congrats on the trophys and welcome to the board.
Old 01-04-2007, 02:01 PM
Fork Horn

On the contrary.....
some of us here put more stock in what you actually post!A highpost count, in a limited time frame, suggests you have spent way too much time sitting at a computer and not enough doing "field" studies!!!!

Welcome to the forum. As someone from Texas that dreams of an Alaskan Adventure someday, I will welcome your stories and pics.

Quick Reply: First Post

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.