Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Lion mishap, almost disaster

Old 12-15-2006, 09:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Lion mishap, almost disaster

Seen it but it s\is still really cool...glad nobody was hurt!
Old 12-15-2006, 01:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Most African hunts are done in fenced areas. The fences just encoumpass 30,000 or 50,000 acres. That is no joke however. They are "game ranches" just like here, but the size makes it "fair chase" in my opinion.
Old 12-15-2006, 01:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: huntingson

Most African hunts are done in fenced areas. The fences just encoumpass 30,000 or 50,000 acres. That is no joke however. They are "game ranches" just like here, but the size makes it "fair chase" in my opinion.
What the he!! is fair chase about shooting a lion in a pen or any animal for that matter.Look in the back ground the lion is walking down a fence ,after he a$$ shoots it and it charges you can see the poles with lights on them so they can shoot in the dark !

Its a shame the cat didn't draw a little more blood or at least a couple of the morons involved could have gut shot each other.

Its really a shame that a$$clowns like these live long enough to breed. [:'(]

Fair chase in a pen thats a good one!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-15-2006, 03:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

What the he!! is fair chase about shooting a lion in a pen or any animal for that matter.Look in the back ground the lion is walking down a fence ,after he a$$ shoots it and it charges you can see the poles with lights on them so they can shoot in the dark !

Its a shame the cat didn't draw a little more blood or at least a couple of the morons involved could have gut shot each other.

50,000 acres is not a pen. That's what? 100 square miles? No one here has any idea what went down on that hunt other than the final two minutes.
Old 12-15-2006, 05:02 PM
Banned

I saw that hunt a year ago too. I believe it is a canned hunt too as the shooter has a video out where he travels all over hunting big game witha bottomless wallet. Like stated; unbelieveable no one was shot.
Old 12-15-2006, 05:03 PM
Banned

You are right.
Old 12-15-2006, 05:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

Doesn't really matter if that enclosure is 50,000 acres he couldn't go through that fence to get away.
Old 12-15-2006, 05:58 PM
Typical Buck

I'll second that hardcorehunter, the bullets were flying and I wouldn't want to get hit with one of those African Lion Cannons!!
Old 12-15-2006, 06:23 PM
Typical Buck

I'm with bawanajim on this one.
Who said it was 50,00 acres anyways? The cat is still backed up to a fence right. If its the same as free renge why bother spend all the bucks on a fence?
tz

quote]ORIGINAL: bawanajim

[/quote]
Old 12-16-2006, 02:28 AM

ORIGINAL: Hikchick

Maybe I'm totally wrong, and I'm not quite sure where to look for the final answer to this, but I was to understand that this was a problem lion and they were dispatched to take care of him. Anyone know? If it truly was a cannedhunt, then I am definately against it. There mightbe a reason somewhere for them, but I don't believe this was one of them.
I think they got the dispatchers numbers confused with Ringling brothers and Barnums unemployed clowns.

Quick Reply: Lion mishap, almost disaster

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.