Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Caribou outfitter issues (again)

Old 12-10-2006, 05:59 PM
Typical Buck

Default Caribou outfitter issues (again)

Man, I have had such problems dealing with outfitters for winter caribou hunts I have all but given up and just plan on spending 5 grand like everybody else and just do the early fall trip. I booked with an outfitter in Labradorwho told us it doesn't look good and they are not in the area and cancled our hunt, then I talked to others and they say they are getting them. I called back and someone from there office said there are no hunters in camp, again talked to someone else and they said they have a limited numbers in camp. One of our hunting party members calls and talks with the owner after the office person told me the owner is out 3 hours away guidng hunters. He finally gets the owner tofess up and admit he doesn't have enough guides for us. I mean this thing was planed a year ago and to have it go bad like this really sucks! It seems that the migration went as normal and the owner was going by the previous 3 year migration and didn't bring guides in duringNov.because the caribou weren'tin their area at the time and when they did come in he didn't have the man power in camp to support the hunters.

Sorry guys justventing
Old 12-11-2006, 06:51 AM

Default RE: Caribou outfitter issues (again)

try this it is in newfoundland ron hicks runs a top camp [email protected]tell him donna and don sent ya
Old 12-11-2006, 11:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

My buddy was supposed to go last week to northern quebec with some frech sonding outfit, they called him the morning he was going to leave and said not to come, not enough caribou. Apparently they had 100 hunters at their "Camp" and were only getting 5-10 caribou a day.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:16 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: donm

try this it is in newfoundland ron hicks runs a top camp [email protected]tell him donna and don sent ya
Ditto on what Don said. I would much rather hunt for a woodland caribou spot and stalk style than a barron ground bou. I haven't ever heard a complaint against Snowshoe.
Old 12-11-2006, 05:44 PM

Does it sound like an echo in here.....?! I gotta go with donm and Champlain Islander on this one, a week at Snowshoe will blow you away. Ron, hisfamily, and the guides don't just treat you like family, you become their family for the week you are in camp, and they stay in touch with you long after your hunt. The costwill be more than a winter hunt, as I know they tend to run much cheaper, but it will be a hunt you will enjoy and remember a very long time. Ronand his family run a first class, topnotch camp, with absolutely no hidden costs or surprises, and yet they are still one of the most reasonably priced places on the island.Feel free to email me if I can give you any more info or help. Good luck!
Old 12-11-2006, 06:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

have you looked through this thread. http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=515915 i cant understand why the prices are so high on those hunts. you could go to africa for 5 grand and shoot 6 animals. to me it has gotten way out of hand. i may try the winter caribou again but it has to all come together and you need the right outfitter.