Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Moose/caribou/and bear?

Old 12-11-2006, 12:24 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Moose/caribou/and bear?

I agree with DonM. I went to Snowshoe 3 years in a row and aways had a first class time. Every year the whole camp was 100% on bou and the few moose hunters that I saw all were happy with kills. We always go late in the season after most of the moose hunters go home. We always saw moose while hunting bou and the guides are pretty skillful at calling them even after the rut. If anyone needs a personal recommendation please PM me because they are the real deal and strive to please the hunters.
Old 12-31-2006, 08:47 PM

Default RE: Moose/caribou/and bear?

We went with Caribou Valley Outtfitters out of Deer lake, and had a good time. We went in 2002 and both me and my buddie both got average stag's. I agree with the eariler posts be carefull about a combo hunt, we lost a day due to weather also, and ended up being brought out with a helicopter even though it cost the outfitters twice as much as the beaver flight. Outfitter was top notch, we ate like kings and the guides were go getters. We used rubber boots and I would duct tape my ankles every day to get extra ankle support, worked really well. One more tip if going for MOOSE get the opening week, the hunters that were in our camp ahead of us had 3 moose down by 8:20am on opening day, and our guide said that is your best bet because they can scout them out before the season starts and they will be able to put you on them first thing.