Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Caribou hunting help

Old 11-30-2006, 05:30 PM
Spike

Default Caribou hunting help

I am in the planning stages of a caribou hunt in northern Canada and was just wondering if anyone has any reccomendations as far as outfitters, guides, etc. Any input would be greatly welcomed.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Caribou hunting help

If you have some time on your hands you can check out the thread in the Other Areas forum here. The thread is >90 pages and concentrates on the Northern Quebec winter hunt.
I was up there a week ago, it is really hit and miss, if the herd is there you can pick and choose animals, if you missed the migration you could go home skunked.
We were lucky and tagged out with 12 for 6 guys

Old 11-30-2006, 07:31 PM
Typical Buck

I hunted this year with Tuttulik Outfitters and it was a incredible hunt. If your interested you can check it out here.

http://www.bowhuntingnut.blogspot.com/

Any questions feel free to email me at
[email protected]

Old 12-01-2006, 02:11 PM
Spike

I appreciate the replies. I am trying to weigh the guided vs. non-guided options. Are there places where we can stay that have access to decent hunting areas where you don't kneed a guide? Also can anyone hook me up with a web site that explains the licensing process?
Old 12-01-2006, 04:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Quebec requires an outfitter, but they don't guide you, they just give you a bunk to sleep in and provide tags. Ontario has no hunt, but I think Labrador does, I have no idea about their laws.
Old 12-04-2006, 11:13 AM
Fork Horn

http://www.aubergecanadaventure.com/english.htm
Old 12-05-2006, 01:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I recommend Norpaq Adventures for a northern Quebec hunt. They offer various packages depending on how much you want to do yourself. The website is www.norpaq.com. I can't express how well they treated us. So well in fact that we are going back next August.
Old 12-05-2006, 02:46 PM

Last November I hunted with an outfitter called Kiskimastikan (sp?) I couldnt locate the site due to spelling difficulties as you can imagine. But its a good camp, there were 9 of us and we all tagged out with two caribou, we hit them in the middle of the migration! If you can find the site, let me know!
Old 12-06-2006, 07:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would recommend www.jackhumeadventures.com.

Hume has been in business for years and is very honest ...He has lots of camps to move hunters to and has the airplanes and the personnelto do it...Defintely a quality operation..

I hunted with Hume this year, the first week ofSeptember and everyone tagged out on nice bulls..

I have one friend who has hunted with Hume 9 times and has never been disappointed..That kind of repeat business is a pretty good endorsement, in my opinion.
Old 12-06-2006, 07:15 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: jchpd203

I am in the planning stages of a caribou hunt in northern Canada and was just wondering if anyone has any reccomendations as far as outfitters, guides, etc. Any input would be greatly welcomed.

If do a google search for caribou hunting. You will get over 10,000 matches all over Canada and outfitters too and all info on tags& licences.
Here is the Kisk site.

http://www.kiskimaastakin.com

Quick Reply: Caribou hunting help

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.