Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

250 Elk

Old 11-30-2006, 02:37 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: 250 Elk

Happy, I would figure that would be 280s. Nice. I still don't know if I am going thru with it or not. Bascially there is a huge amount of contraversy on the island for hunting. Thats Californiafor ya.

Old 11-30-2006, 07:39 PM

I would love to hunt there before it is too late. A really cool place.

Read this:

From The Outdoor Wire:

Provision Authored by Senators Boxer and Feinstein Will Exterminate All Santa Rosa Elk and Mule Deer

Fairfax, Virginia - Last month, President George W. Bush signed the 2007 Defense Authorization Act, which included an NRA-supported provision saving hundreds of elk and mule deer on Santa Rosa Island from the court-ordered extermination that was to begin in 2008 and be completed by 2011.

Senators Barbara Boxer and Dianne Feinstein have now attached an amendment to the Military Construction Appropriations bill that will overturn current law and exterminate hundreds of healthy elk and mule deer on Santa Rosa Island, off the coast of California. This issue is not about public access or whether these animals should be hunted and by whom. Current law protects the Santa Rosa elk and deer from extermination and this amendment will require that the animals be exterminated by 2011.

NRA-ILA Chief Lobbyist Chris W. Cox stated, "In a blatant attempt to slaughter these animals - for absolutely no good purpose - senators Boxer and Feinstein claim to, 'correct a terrible mistake'. The only irreversible mistake in this situation is if these elitist politicians are allowed to kill healthy and robust animals for political purposes."

Santa Rosa Roosevelt elk and Kaibab mule deer are unique and invaluable, as they are free from Chronic Wasting Disease (CWD) and other ailments that threaten the species on the mainland. Forty miles of Pacific Ocean offer them a sanctuary from disease. The healthy and thriving herds can be used as breeding stock to repopulate in case of disaster on the mainland.

Cox concluded, "This is not about hunting - this is about political pandering and payback. The NRA is calling on Congress to not allow senators Dianne Feinstein and Barbara Boxer to kill hundreds of healthy elk and mule deer - for no good reason."[:@]

Old 11-30-2006, 07:44 PM
Typical Buck

pic file is too large to load
Old 11-30-2006, 08:58 PM
Typical Buck

big country----I thought I read a post that they are trying to eliminate the elk on Santa Rosa, is this true?

The 4x5 is a lower than 250. the 2nd one----the one will the just the skull is just about right on IMO.

Dang people are posting as I'm typing---LOL CB

Old 11-30-2006, 10:00 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: Colorado Bob

big country----I thought I read a post that they are trying to eliminate the elk on Santa Rosa, is this true?

The 4x5 is a lower than 250. the 2nd one----the one will the just the skull is just about right on IMO.

Dang people are posting as I'm typing---LOL CB

You know I want to kill a big elk. But more than that, I want to see that island full of elk and mule deer before I die.So if I can only kill a 250 class, but see all those animals a day, it would be worth it.And if its correct, and boxer and finestink, get there way and turn it over to the military after 2011, that won't happen. Might be my last chance to go. Its alot of money, but figure I save it up in 3 years.

Old 12-01-2006, 05:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Why are they trying to kill those elk off?

They shouldn'tkill them off,they shouldsend them to the mainland, or Alaska, or something!
Old 12-01-2006, 06:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

completely off topic, but this is one reason that our government rots, attaching ammendmant to bills that have nothing to do with the bills. I hate that, ammendmants should be to tweak wording ONLY. You want something else, fine, write another bill

Sorry, now back to our regularl schedule question.
Old 12-01-2006, 07:33 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: younggun243

Why are they trying to kill those elk off?

They shouldn'tkill them off,they shouldsend them to the mainland, or Alaska, or something!
Cause Finesiten and boxer pretty well hate anything with guns and hunting. But you can just feel the irony.

Old 12-01-2006, 07:54 AM
Typical Buck

Bigcountry, go to our Homepage on www.elknut.com there the 2nd elk from the top ia a picture of a 17-18 year old young man with a 5 point bull that falls into that exact category.

ElkNut1
Old 12-01-2006, 11:13 AM
bigcountry

Thanks guys, I went ahead and booked. Won't be for years before I can go. But just really want to see the island.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.