Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Took a 12 Point today!!!!!

Old 11-12-2006, 12:42 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Took a 12 Point today!!!!!

Wow, great whitetail buck! I'd love to harvest one like that - congrats.
Old 11-12-2006, 08:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: stubblejumper

Where I hunt in Alberta and Saskatchewan,we call any buck a 4x4,5x4, 6x6 etc.and give a roughB&C score.If someone calls a 4x4 an 8 point,we know right away that he isn't from around here.And unless it is a first deer,or he is a young hunter,if he gets excited about any deer scoring less than 140 B&C,he is definitely not from around here.
That's how it is here too. You can always spot an outsider a mile away, we call them "walking Cabelas catalogs".
Old 11-12-2006, 08:31 PM

ORIGINAL: BrutalAttack

ORIGINAL: stubblejumper

Where I hunt in Alberta and Saskatchewan,we call any buck a 4x4,5x4, 6x6 etc.and give a roughB&C score.If someone calls a 4x4 an 8 point,we know right away that he isn't from around here.And unless it is a first deer,or he is a young hunter,if he gets excited about any deer scoring less than 140 B&C,he is definitely not from around here.
Really? around here we call em' garbage suckers.

That's how it is here too. You can always spot an outsider a mile away, we call them "walking Cabelas catalogs".
Old 11-12-2006, 09:06 PM
Fork Horn

nice buch there bud.What is with the hub bub about what count it is.Depends if you are going by eastern count or western count.Eastern count it would be a 12 pointer.Western count it would be a 6x6..Anyway you look at it.It's a damn nice deer.
Old 11-12-2006, 10:32 PM
Fork Horn

outsider to what? i am born and raised idaho blood and i have been hunting since i could walk

you sound like you must be from utah
Old 11-12-2006, 10:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nice 6x. Congrats!!!

As you can tell don't call them by total but each side.
Old 11-13-2006, 01:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: caselesss5

outsider to what? i am born and raised idaho blood and i have been hunting since i could walk

you sound like you must be from utah
Well if you think there aren't any whitetail in Idaho then you are sadly mistaken and probably from down around Arco or some other such God forsaken place. ie sheltered.

Nope born and raised Idaho. Utah is scary.
Old 11-13-2006, 01:22 AM
Fork Horn

i didn't say there weren't any whitetail in idaho i said not many compared to mulies...some areas have more whitetails but in general mulies are greater in numbers

and im glad to here your from idaho ...ive had some guys on here from utah telling people how idaho IS and there not even from here

"the wind blows in idaho, because utah SUCKS"
Old 11-13-2006, 07:11 AM

Christ people! This just proves my point from a couple of weeks ago. Everything is a G.D. Debate anymore. There are a couple of people on here that want to argue about everything. A year or two agoall the response would have been: "GREAT DEER" or "Congrats" Now its all about: "your wrong, and I'm right, Idiot", "i'm from the montains and your not." "your a hoosier".....Its 8 am monday morning and this site has my blood pressure up already.

Great 12 point. I call them 12's also, unless I'm in mixed company of the all knowing men from the mountain states then I say 6 x 6 for their sake. They, need as much help as they can get.[8D]
Old 11-13-2006, 11:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

They, need as much help as they can get.[8D]
That is how we feel about those calling them by total vs as they lay!I don't live in the mountains infact not a mountain to be found in my province but we do have some nice deer roaming its contents.

Here's an example if i told you I passed up a 15 pointer this weekend, you'd probably think I was stretching the truth or not to well. But how about if I said it like this? I passed 9x6 that would score 130's on saturday!! It actually happened I did passthe 15 pointer, who wasa 130 class young whitetail of which neither meet my criteria to pull the trigger! I like the vivid picture better than making it sound... well BIGGER.

Different strokes for different folks!!

Quick Reply: Took a 12 Point today!!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.