Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Wearin' orange in rifle season?!

Old 10-30-2006, 01:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Wearin' orange in rifle season?!

In Ontario, Orange must be worn during all big game seasons, that means500 square inches (think thats the measurement) and a orange head cover. Bow hunting can be camo. This means when waterfowl hunting, no orange required. Also before big game season, and after it closes, you can chase bunnies, grouse, etc with no orange on, but I want to live, and there'ssome nuts out there.
Old 10-30-2006, 02:00 PM
Dominant Buck

No requirement in Vermont but if I am hunting public land I usually wear a hat put on a vest at the dark ends of the day. If I am on private land it is camo or green wool.
Old 10-30-2006, 03:08 PM
Typical Buck

Alot of these hunts on TV take place on private ranch's and orange is not required.
Old 10-30-2006, 04:22 PM

I'm surprised! I thought it would be required in all states. Canada too (which it apparently is). I can see not required on private, but . . .
Wow. Here in Wyoming you have to have at least one garment to be orange (excluding gloves), even on private. Except for goose hunting. No orange required there. But if you decide to get up and walk around pheasant hunting, you better put on at least a hat or vest.
Wow!
Old 10-30-2006, 06:22 PM
Fork Horn

Like they said, Orange is the law in Ontario. My personal feeling is, wearing Orange could very well save your life.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Canada too (which it apparently is).
Colours are not required in Alberta or British Columbia (Canada) during rifle seasons.

I actually find the requirement of colours here to be bit bogus. An outer wear of solid white makeslittle senseto visibility in a land that usually has snow when rifle seasons are on!Red turns brown in low light. No stipulation if the outer wear is actually visible, I have seen a lot of dirty outfits that are anything but high visibility.FurthermoreML now a days are very capable of shooting much further then yester days andmaybe more to the point thepopularity of ML'shere in Sask. is sneaking very close to rifle resident hunters.Yet no problems with camo or whatever else here. It is a scratching of the head regulation, either make everyone wear high visibilty blaze or do away with it!
Old 10-31-2006, 04:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ontario is actually 400sq" of blaze orange, above the waist, no mesh or camo. This applies to deer and moose in the gun season. Bear hunters must also wear it on the ground, but can take it off when they get into a tree, this exemption is because bears do have colour vision.
A blaze orange hat must also be worn, these regs apply everywhere, private or crown, during gun seasons.
Old 10-31-2006, 07:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Have to wear 500 sq. feet of orange in Tennessee.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:17 AM

ORIGINAL: younggun243

Have to wear 500 sq. feet of orange in Tennessee.
WOW. 500Sq.feet! What if a person isn't that large? LOL!
Old 10-31-2006, 09:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: skeeter 7MM

I actually find the requirement of colours here to be bit bogus. An outer wear of solid white makeslittle senseto visibility in a land that usually has snow when rifle seasons are on!
See, I never could understand that. Seems like some days that would hide you better than the fanciset new camo

Quick Reply: Wearin' orange in rifle season?!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.