Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

grizzly hunt on tv

Old 10-26-2006, 09:59 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: grizzly hunt on tv

I have much respect for those big bears but if I was hunting and one got to close and false charged its getting shot! No if's or but's about it! If it gets in my comfort zone and I feel threatened it's going down. I'll be damned if I get mauledby some sow that saw me at 200 yards and decides tocharge and I don't know ifI would want the cubs to servive anyway, they see their mama charge a human a couple of times and you don't think they will learn how to do it themselves?It would go in this order SHOOT BEAR WITH RIFLE, EMPTY MAGAZINE IN IT, GRAB MY SIDE ARM AND FINISH IT OFF AND THEN MACEIT JUST IS CASE IT AIN'T DEAD AND STILL HAS SOME LIFE IN IT!
I would refuse to have another animal intimidate me in the middle of nowhere.Now I have never been in big bear country but plan on going in the next few years so I plan on getting more educated before I go but no one can ever convince me that giving a charging bear a warning shot when it is 30 feet from you is a good idea. All it will do is screw you up if you do need a second shot. But I think most mishapsoccur when you basiclly suprise them and walk on top of them by accident. I have a friend that was chased by a black bear while trout fishing and it was reported to have done it before. Damn thing chased him right up to the pickup! I told him he should have gotten his shotgun outfrom behind the seat and gone back after it!
Old 10-27-2006, 08:08 PM
DM

Default RE: grizzly hunt on tv

if I was hunting and one got to close and false charged its getting shot! No if's or but's about it! If it gets in my comfort zone and I feel threatened it's going down. I'll be damned if I get mauledby some sow that saw me at 200 yards and decides tocharge and I don't know ifI would want the cubs to servive anyway, they see their mama charge a human a couple of times and you don't think they will learn how to do it themselves?It would go in this order SHOOT BEAR WITH RIFLE, EMPTY MAGAZINE IN IT, GRAB MY SIDE ARM AND FINISH IT OFF AND THEN MACEIT JUST IS CASE IT AIN'T DEAD AND STILL HAS SOME LIFE IN IT!
"If" you really feel that way, then i'm thinking you are too scared of bears to be hunting them???? I've seen guys before like that, they see a big bear and if it doesn't start running away, they want to start throwing lead instead of useing there head and size the situation up.

one can ever convince me that giving a charging bear a warning shot when it is 30 feet from you is a good idea. All it will do is screw you up if you do need a second shot.
Who said anything about 30 feet???? The bear in the first post was more like 100 yards away when it all started.... Oncethat sowstarted toward the guide, he should have fired a warning shot. IMHO "that" bear did NOT know he/they were human....

I've been very close to bears that heard me comeing, and then came towards me to see what was makeing the noise, and thenjust stood there moveing back and forth nervously. I held my ground, sometimes they would come closer yet trying to wind me and then move off looking back to see what i was going to do...

DM