Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

This is how we kill MOOSE in Saskatchewan

Old 10-16-2006, 11:12 PM
Fork Horn

Default This is how we kill MOOSE in Saskatchewan

We were lucky to get drawn in a great area...and we were able to kill 3 big bulls with the Thompson Omega's..

Here is the first video...R for language content.

http://forums.menoutdoors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1254
Old 10-17-2006, 12:23 AM

Default RE: This is how we kill MOOSE in Saskatchewan

Another good vid!! I cant believe that after that first shot how long that bull stood there for though. And that 3rd shot that must have scared the crap out of you when he stood up like that.But congrats on the bulls and awesome footage once again.

Last year we had a similar experience like that with a big bull. We shot him but he just stood there so my buddy thought he missed.So he shot again and again no reaction from the moose and im looking through the binocs and im not even seeing his hide move from the impact. So he fires again and he hit a hill infront of the bull. Then he fired a 4th shot and hit the hill again(by now buck fever has heavily set in). Then all of a sudden the bull trots ahead and it looked like it fell down.So i head back up a bit of a hill to grab the packs and i notice the buger is still standing so i yell down at him to take him again cause the bull started to move back up the hill so he fired then it finally dropped. So we give it a good 30mins and walk up to him and hes still alive so he finally put one between the eyes and that was it. When we gutted him there were 3 holes in him 2 about an inch apart double lung shot and one in the head. Couldnt believe he lived that long with a double lung shot.

Old 10-17-2006, 02:08 PM

nice video that would be pretty scarey If a big bull like that was standing, I'd be scared of him charging at me. I really like the rack on that moose looks good.
Old 10-17-2006, 03:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Now that is the way to hunt moose.No swamps,no muskeg,just shoot them and drive right up to load them.That is pretty much the only way that I bother to hunt moose now.
Old 10-19-2006, 06:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

saskat...good stuff agin..damn smokepoles.....gotta carry a fan with ya to clear the air..ha ha......music was tooo cool