Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Where did that Huge Idaho Elk go???

Old 10-05-2006, 09:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Where did that Huge Idaho Elk go???

A few days ago I saw a HUGE Bull somewhere in these forums. Taken in Idaho. And It had several pages of responses. Where did It go? I want to see that picture again. It's like it just disappeared.. Can someone help me??
Old 10-06-2006, 08:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Where did that Huge Idaho Elk go???

Here ya go!

Old 10-06-2006, 09:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mulie,
Befor you get all lathered up,it wasn't a Idaho bull.It was a game farm kill in Canada.Go to the Boone and Crokett web page ,they have it listed as a SCI Estate New reacord kill.Wich means someone paid a bunch of money to shoot thispen raised animal in a fenced enclosure.
BBJ
Old 10-06-2006, 09:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Email Overload

September 29, 2006

This photo is circulating the internet at World's Record pace. The text accompanying the photo states that it was taken in the Selway Wilderness in Idaho with a bow and scores somewhere between 530-575.
B&C is reserving judgment on this bull. If this bull were, in fact, taken as a natural, free-ranging, wild, native elk from the Selway region of Idaho, it would be approximately 130-150 inches bigger than any elk ever recorded from that region.

UPDATE: This bull was raised in a high-fenced environment in Quebec, and therefore ineligible to be entered into B&C's records program.

This is what B&C says.
BBJ
Old 10-06-2006, 01:52 PM
Typical Buck

I wonder if SCI would just stop listing these genetic freaks, then maybe all this high fenced hunting would dissapear. The only motivation these guys have is to try to impress someone else. (You and Me)
Myself I just want to puke.
Old 10-06-2006, 02:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

B&C was founded by hunters for hunters,so they refuse to recognize animals taken this way.On the other hand SCI is encouraging this to happen by allowing the trophies to be entered.
Old 10-06-2006, 06:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

Sick. Sick Sick. Just as well go out and shoot the milk cow.[:@] Its fine by me if one wants to pay to shoot an animal in a pen but entering it as any kind of hunting trophy is a laugh.
Old 10-06-2006, 06:42 PM

ORIGINAL: GooseHunter Jr.

Here ya go!

O good god Im in love thats awesome its so nice and big!
Old 10-06-2006, 07:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

O good god Im in love thats awesome its so nice and big!
If you like those tame elk that much,this outfit has many of them for sale.Just fly on down and shoot one.Just make sure that the fences or feed pails aren't in the pictures if you want to convince people that it was a real hunt.

http://www.pinemountainoutfitters.com/elk.php
Old 10-07-2006, 08:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ya, you know.. I knew that bull was to good to be true. I have hunted the Selway for 10 plus years.. And I have never even dreamed of seeing a bull like that. What is our hunting world turning into? I am so disapointed in some of these(or you) High Fence hunters. The only reason I could see somebody hunting a high fence would be if you are a child, or due to age or someother kind of physical limitation forces you to Shoot a penned up animal. Hunting is not supposed to be easy! Get out there and walk Lazy America!

Quick Reply: Where did that Huge Idaho Elk go???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.