Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Where did that Huge Idaho Elk go???

Old 10-07-2006, 08:17 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Where did that Huge Idaho Elk go???

It is interesting that the "big elk photo" shows neither fence nor pail. Could they be feeling a weebit sheepish about it all. Who, besides themselves are they trying to kid...................?

ORIGINAL: stubblejumper

O good god Im in love thats awesome its so nice and big!
If you like those tame elk that much,this outfit has many of them for sale.Just fly on down and shoot one.Just make sure that the fences or feed pails aren't in the pictures if you want to convince people that it was a real hunt.

http://www.pinemountainoutfitters.com/elk.php
Old 10-07-2006, 09:29 PM

I hate these herd bulls! And I mean that in a literal sense. There was another big "new state/world record" bull floating around the net last year. Turns out it was another fenced animal on that special "protien & mineral diet", which happened to be killed on a ranch in Idaho. But, I guess if you have the money and want to shoot a elk one step above a moo cow, more power to you.
Old 10-08-2006, 09:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

I once saw a 3020 lb Holstien Bull at a county fair. Talk about a trophy BULL.
Old 10-08-2006, 10:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wonder if super hunter fed it an apple and rubbed it's nose before he shot it! What a joke!!
Old 10-08-2006, 12:21 PM
Typical Buck

I wish it was that simple. It seeems to me that pen shot trophy animals reflects badly on hunters and hunting in general, to the non-hunting crowd. It plays right into the anti-hunters hands by supporting their arguments that trophy hunting is all about ego.
The next thing that will happen is the fenced hunting crowd will argue that we (all hunters) better stick together to defend "our" sport. Myself, I would be an antihunter too if the fair chase concept is replaced by canned hunting.

O
ORIGINAL: trouthunter

I hate these herd bulls! And I mean that in a literal sense. There was another big "new state/world record" bull floating around the net last year. Turns out it was another fenced animal on that special "protien & mineral diet", which happened to be killed on a ranch in Idaho. But, I guess if you have the money and want to shoot a elk one step above a moo cow, more power to you.
Old 10-09-2006, 07:06 PM

I will NEVER support high fence hunting!!!!!! NEVER.... NEVER...... & oh yeah NEVER!
Why.....Its NOT hunting.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:38 PM

Maybe if I win the Lottery I'll go shoot (not hunt) one of them big ol' genetic freak bulls. Hang it on my wall in my mansion. Make up some elaborate story of how I had to hunt hard for 3 weeks, in the snow and rain, climbing uphill the whole time for the pack in and out, passing on several smaller bulls, waiting for hours for this bull to offer me the shot I wanted, judging my wind to perfection, drawing back with complete calm, "aim small, miss small", getting a clean passthru of both lungs, and finally fighting off a pack of wolves with a pocket knife to claim my trophy!
Old 10-14-2006, 06:54 PM

ORIGINAL: trouthunter

Maybe if I win the Lottery I'll go shoot (not hunt) one of them big ol' genetic freak bulls. Hang it on my wall in my mansion. Make up some elaborate story of how I had to hunt hard for 3 weeks, in the snow and rain, climbing uphill the whole time for the pack in and out, passing on several smaller bulls, waiting for hours for this bull to offer me the shot I wanted, judging my wind to perfection, drawing back with complete calm, "aim small, miss small", getting a clean passthru of both lungs, and finally fighting off a pack of wolves with a pocket knife to claim my trophy!
me too I don't like those high fence elk at all
Old 10-17-2006, 08:24 AM

Everybody back off SCI! I'm serious you idiots don't know what you are talking about. SCI is the only organization that is fighting for your rights as a hunter. Several times a year HSUS, PETA, or someother anti hunting organization files Lawsuits to ban hunting in one form or another. Do you know who's paying the lawyers that beat them? Thats right SCI! Not RMEF, Not Ducks Unlimited, Not Quail forever, Not Wild Turkey Federation..... No SCI is paramount to The NRA. NRA fights everyday to keep or rights to bear arms, and SCI fights everyday to keep our rights to hunt.

Sure they support some things that I don't agree with but You cannot argue with their achievements. I do not support game ranches. I would never hunt behind a game fence. But if you love to hunt their are two organizations that you have to be a member of....NRA & SCI. Do you know where the majority of the funds raised for the other organizations go? Adminstrative fees. SCI's Administration is all Volunteer, that means your dollars go to fighting for causes instead of paying salaries. Go today and pay the $55 and become a member of SCI. Even if you never intend to hunt Africa or behind a fence Its the best Organization we've got.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:35 AM
Dominant Buck

Awesome Bull! So sorry it wasn't killed in the wild!

Quick Reply: Where did that Huge Idaho Elk go???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.