Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Where to move

Old 07-09-2006, 10:38 PM

Default Where to move

Is there a place where if I were to move there would be good populations of whitetails, Elk, bear, and turkeys. I figure the rockies is a good answer but how would it be living there. I would rather be in a more remote area. Different game animals are welcome as long as there is alot of opportunities.
Old 07-10-2006, 12:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Where to move

Idaho is a bad idea, too many out of staters comming here already!
Old 07-10-2006, 06:51 AM

Colorado, Wyoming, Montana. I think you are going to run into out of state hunters no matter where you go.
Old 07-11-2006, 06:55 PM

If I could move anywhere it would be alaska ,do it while your young It's hard hunting but the best I've done .Think about it ,black and grizzly bear,moose, goats ,sheep, deer ,elk, muskox ,carabou and many others .That should take care of you for a couple of years.I've been there 3 times and I got a black bear a moose and a carabou all unguided ,being a nores. I'll need a guide for the goat,sheep and grizz
Old 07-11-2006, 07:22 PM
DM

If I could move anywhere it would be alaska ,do it while your young It's hard hunting but the best I've done
Also it's very expensive to hunt there, even when your a resident!!! You just can't drive to a good spot, not even with a 4 wheeler! Flying is the only way to get to decent spots, so that means it's always expensive, and has to be planned ahead...

For the most part, it's very hard to go out hunting for the evening with much success like where i live now.

Drilling Man
Old 07-12-2006, 10:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I always thought I wanted to live in Alaska,till I saw British Columbia.If I could thats where I would be.
BBJ
Old 07-12-2006, 10:51 AM

ORIGINAL: DM

Also it's very expensive to hunt there, even when your a resident!!! You just can't drive to a good spot, not even with a 4 wheeler! Flying is the only way to get to decent spots, so that means it's always expensive, and has to be planned ahead...

For the most part, it's very hard to go out hunting for the evening with much success like where i live now.

Drilling Man
Last deer I shot I left at 08:00 and was back at home by 14:30. The one before that I shot on my lunch break, and goats are a day hunt too. It's just a matter of being in good physical shape and gaining some local knowledge, but I wouldn't recommend anyone move up here unless they're either independently wealthy or have a real good job lined up; the cost of living is outrageous!

Sounds like northern ID, eastern OR, and western Montana have everything you want.
Old 07-12-2006, 11:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think where you live depends on you line of work? I have a mining back ground. I could live in several states, but Wyoming & Montana seem to pay the best for my line of work. If I did not mind working in a remote camp job & I do. I would live & Work in Alaska. I like to come home every night.
Deside whatYOU want out of life & make your move.
Old 07-12-2006, 05:05 PM
DM

Last deer I shot I left at 08:00 and was back at home by 14:30. The one before that I shot on my lunch break, and goats are a day hunt too.
How long would it take you to get a caribou???? How about a moose???? Sheep???? Black bear???

In the 25 years i lived in Alaska, ihunted Kodiak and the surrounding islands many times, so i understand that blk tails can be had there a bit easier, as can goats... But what about those "other" animials?? They take time and planning and $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Drilling Man
Old 07-12-2006, 06:16 PM
Fork Horn

There are hardly any elk left in MT.what the non res.didn't shoot the wolves took care of.
Elkshed

Quick Reply: Where to move

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.