Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Anyone else have this happen...

Old 06-21-2006, 06:32 AM

Default RE: Anyone else have this happen...

i have a 3 yr son who has been able to cow call since he was about 1 1/2, and has been bugleing since he was 2,, but just recently he grabed one of my tubes ( just a tube ) and started buglein his head off, he even throws in a couple of chuckles once in a while, he'll hide by a bush in the yard with the tube a toy rifle , ask him what he is doing,, i'm huntin for elk of course,, lol oh i can't wait.
Old 06-23-2006, 01:32 PM

That is awesome bkkeys! I'd be getting that on video!!!
Old 08-07-2006, 11:22 AM

My brother-in-law in Montana had a good big bull tag last year and took his 5 y/o nephew w/ him one day. My brother-in-law couldn't get any response and the kid wanted to try (& has played w/ the tube style bugle around the house) so he did and a good bull did respond, so he told the kid to keep doing it. They didn't get that bull, but I guess it was pretty cool.
Old 08-10-2006, 08:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not with Elk, but I have heard several guys hunting bull Moose give very convincing cow calls that brought the big boys in drulling all over themselves looking for the lovely lady only to get whacked!!
Old 08-29-2006, 06:05 PM

My girls a little over 2, she bugles and cow calls like a champ. She can tell the difference between a buck and a doe also. Theres nothing like it.
Old 08-29-2006, 11:55 PM
Fork Horn

Every night before we go to bed this time of year, it is a race for my kids to see who can get to the two different tubes I carry...son is fantastic at it (just turned 5) and Daughter (3) is INCREDIBLE!!!!!

Old 08-31-2006, 09:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: coopss26

My girls a little over 2, she bugles and cow calls like a champ. She can tell the difference between a buck and a doe also. Theres nothing like it.
My just 2-year old daughter does it too, watches Primus videos and bugles as well as the bulls on TV. Truely amazing and fun!