Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

I'm stoked fellas.

Old 06-06-2006, 09:12 PM

Default RE: I'm stoked fellas.

bow4bo, yes i know the CARRS, i have cut up beef for them a few times. i went to school with thier daughter KELLY. i think you will have some good luck on your side, hunting private ground just outside the park! wow! have fun!
Old 06-07-2006, 06:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats and good luck!
Old 06-07-2006, 08:43 PM

Well I got my Hootchie Mama today, and a bugling call, and a diaphram call (can't get it to make a peep, don't even know if I've got it in my mouth right) but obviously the Hootchie Mama is pretty basic, but I'm suprised how easy it is to use the bugle call I got. I need to learn the different variations and when to use them, so I'll wait patiently for my Elknut videos and hopefully learn from them.

On a side note that is outrageously amazing, I just talked to my younger brother, and he drew a tag for the same unit but he drew an archery only tag, meaning he will get to hunt Sept, and I'll hunt Oct. Just to put it into perspective, there were only 5 archery tags issued for the unit!!!! The odds of us both drawing in the same year is completely insane!!!!!![&:]

Any advice on a good pair of hiking boots, since it seems to be a vital part of this type of hunting?????
Old 06-08-2006, 11:18 AM

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/pod/horizontal-pod.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/pod-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat20564&rid=&i ndexId=cat550012&navAction=push&navCount=3 &parentType=index&parentId=cat550012&i d=0005212These are the ones I use:

Old 06-08-2006, 12:02 PM

wish i had a hootchie mama

wonder if they take trade-in's ?

early
Old 06-08-2006, 01:49 PM

I just got the form today to pay for my elk tag, and found out that I can't apply for another elk tag for 9 years of any kind.Kinda depressing, but that much more incentive to do it right. No tag sandwiches for this guy!
Old 06-08-2006, 11:27 PM

9 years !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im speechless.

early
Old 06-09-2006, 02:40 PM

I'm watching my Elknut video right now and dang it's a lot of info to take in, awesome video, thanks Elknut if you're reading this!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-11-2006, 08:32 AM
Typical Buck

Bow4Bo, Thanks! Are you cow hunting or bull hunting? I read many of the posts but not all.

I wish I would've know you were looking for a video, Vol-4 would've been the one I would've suggested! But as you can tell, they're full of info.

Good Luck!--ElkNut1
Old 06-11-2006, 09:59 AM

Elknut,

I got video 1 and it seems to be just what I need for now, the basics. I will be Bull hunting, and need to make it count. If I get the first video down I'll be ordering another one, but I am definately a beginner so I'm starting out crawling. Seems like I'll be busy getting the basics for now. Any tips are definately welcome on videos, strategy, what to wear, when to go, anything, I'm an open book w/ no preconceived notions about how to do it.

Anyone- Does anyone ever use decoys? If you've tried, what do you think about them?

Quick Reply: I'm stoked fellas.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.