Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

COLORADO RESULTS

Old 05-25-2006, 10:39 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: COLORADO RESULTS

I rolled the dice on a new unit in hopes 3 PP's would get me a tag....crapped out. No CO elk hunt this year, all I can do is hope for New Mexico or my Montana tags (moose,goat, and bighorn)with odds of 1,000,000,000,000:1. I think my big game vacation this year will either be limited to an over the counter bear tag in NM or a duck hunt in ND.
Old 05-25-2006, 02:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yiippppeeeeee, I drew my...............preference point as always. That's all I applied for on elkI'll get my archery tag over the counter! Good luck all!
Old 05-25-2006, 02:25 PM
Fork Horn

Wellas usual I got another PP, but a good friend & his father got Bull tags for unit 76 (only took them 9 years). Anyone been up that way latly?
Old 05-25-2006, 06:37 PM
Fork Horn

Drew my RFW tag !!! and will get an over the counter either sex for Bowhunting.

Should draw a tag and will also get otc for Bowhunting doe!!

My boss hates me

Glob!
Old 05-27-2006, 10:07 AM

i gotta either sex tag fer the "early" season

wonder if it's too soon ta start packin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

early
Old 05-27-2006, 07:31 PM
Typical Buck

Did not draw my muzzleloading bull tag. Looks like either back to archery or fourth season. I even built a new muzzleloader this year in hopes of drawing. Well now I got time to build my tang sight for it. lol Good luck to all that drew a tag.

I set in a Dow meeting and they explained the draw system. It is really complicated. I will do my best to explain it.

65% resident 35% non-resident tags allotment. 80% res 20% non in special draw units.

First all the 15% of land owner tags are drawn(B.S.)That is taken out of both 65% and 35% right off the top.

Then your number goes in if you have enough preference points to make the cut. Okay your application gets a number then that number is inverted and goes up against all the rest of the numbers. The lowest numbers that have been inverted go on to the second drawing. 1 out of 10

So your number is asigned a number again and is repeted like step one.

So if your lucky to make it to drawing number three and it is just like the first two. The only difference would be if they had left over licenses and next preference point is required to fill the tags. So if there was excess tags the guys with a year less in points has a chance to draw. EXCEPT FOR NON-RESIDENTS ONCE THE REMAINDER OF THE 35% OF THE NON-RESIDENTS TAGS ARE DRAWN THEY DON'T GET TO DRAW AGAINST RESIDENTS FOR FOR LEFT OVER TAGS FOR THAT PARTICULAR DRAW FOR THAT SEASON. THAT IS REALLY NOT FAIR IN RESPECT TO BEING IT A CHANCE DRAWING IF THERE WAS EXTRA TAGS THAT WEREN'T DRAWN.

Are you confused? Try and sit through it while a DOW offical explains it. lol
Old 05-29-2006, 08:11 AM
Typical Buck

Sad sad sad, I have been putting in for unit 49 archery since 1989 and used to draw it every year. Then it went to every other year. And for the first time I have not drawn with 1 point, so I have to wait until next year, I hope. It is really weird seeing 2 points on my read out.
Gselkhunter
Old 05-29-2006, 10:40 AM

Hmmmm, 1 Preference Point and a Cow Tag for the First Special Elk Season near Craig.

Pick up one more cow tag in the left over draw in August and I'll be set to go fill the freezer.

Gonna miss the either or option this year.
Old 05-30-2006, 02:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Drew my elk archery tag ad will find out tomorrow about deer!!
Old 05-31-2006, 09:03 AM
Dominant Buck

All 3 of us drew for area 83 private land first season bull

Quick Reply: COLORADO RESULTS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.