Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Good Fall Moose Call

Old 06-24-2006, 05:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Good Fall Moose Call

Go to Mardens they have everything !

Old 06-28-2006, 03:03 AM

Yep can't beat the bull magnet. No moose hunter should be without one. You can do bull calls cow calls and cow urination as well as scrape sounds all with one call and your own set of lungs. I've called in quite a few moose with this unit.
Old 06-28-2006, 06:36 AM

This may sound a little odd, but I have called in at least 25 different bullmoose over the last4 years during archery deer season here in NH, on purpose, using a buck grunt tube to mimic cow moose. Since I can never draw a tag, I have fun calling them up to my tree stands.

For me, morning calling seems to work best. If I can't get them all the way to my stand with the grunt tube scrapping the side of my tree with 1/2 a 5 gallon bucket lid almost always gets them right underneath me.

If you have a deer grunt call already... I'd definitely bring it. People don't believe me, until I call them in!
Old 06-28-2006, 10:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

I agree with MA Jay during deer season a good many moose come to the deer grunt tube. Also if I'm archery hunting in a moose area the limbs on my bow hitting on sapplings will draw in a big bull. I never liked that as
it would happen while I was walking. I also like using the moose grunt tubes either early in the morning or about an hour before dark.
Old 07-03-2006, 08:37 PM

when moose hunting it's best too use a birch call easy to make . always use the cow call you want too attract the big boy it works for me always

Old 07-03-2006, 10:46 PM
Fork Horn

I'll be going Moose hunting for the first time come October. I heard the can and string are illegal here in Ontario. I'll get the tapes you folks suggested and try voice calling and I'll be sure to bring alone the deer grunt tube. Did youreally meanthat you just rub the tube along side the tree or the 1/2 of the 5 gallon bucket lid M J?