Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Bear season is over(pics included)

Old 05-12-2006, 01:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Bear season is over(pics included)

Well I sealed the deal with the trusty Protec tonight from a ground blind. I was getting ready to leave and putiing my gear in my pack when I turned around to see this guy standing up at 12 yards. What a surprise that was. I shot him dead square in the chest and he only went 15 yards or so and fell within sight. What a rush to be that close on the ground. Can't wait until next year!!!! In the next pic check out the color of his back!!!!

Old 05-12-2006, 01:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bear season is over

Here is the cool color on his back. The first pic does not do the color phase justice. His head and feet are cinnomon and his back and sides are completely blond. I was going to hold out for a big boar that had been visiting, but really liked the colors of this young boar.

Old 05-12-2006, 06:21 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Bear season is over(pics included)

BEAUTIFUL BEAR, CONGRATULATIONS. I'M SO ENVIOUS OF YOU GUYS WHO LIVE OUT WEST, BUT ON THE SAME HAND I'M SURE YOU WISH YOU WERE SURROUNDED BY CORNFIELDS AND MILES AND MILES OF FLAT TERRAIN.
Old 05-12-2006, 08:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice Bear. Nicely Done. That's two in a row isn't it??
Old 05-12-2006, 08:28 AM
Dominant Buck

WOW, really nice! Congrat's
Old 05-12-2006, 08:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes, it is two in a row, both from a blind with a bow. I have had the fortunate experience of working with some AWESOME bear hunters. One of the guys is 19 for 19. I have a couple of friends who still need to get theirs. I am headed back today to dump some more bait on the site. There is one huge boar coming in and I have hime pegged to late morning. I was going to sit all day today, but it looks like its time relax a little..Thanks for the kind words............
Old 05-12-2006, 10:39 AM

nicely done. are you having more bears come in in morning or evening?

Old 05-12-2006, 12:13 PM

sweet bear you have there elk, heading out bear hunting in newbrunswick on the 26th cant wait, congrats again on the bear
Old 05-12-2006, 04:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

MT, i have only hunted the evenings this year and shot this guy in the last minutes of daylight. I was really glad to have a large peep sight in. Some of my buddies have killed their biggest bears in the middle of the day. I like to start with a huge pile and STAY OUT of the site for a while. I don't like to force them on a schedule. As the pile dwindles down to about nothing is when I start to get the bears coming in during daylight hours. That is the point that I cut back and the bears feed more frequently and will come in at odd hours because they are used to filling up and now have empty stomachs. I had a sow and cub last year that would come in around 12-1:00 in the afternoon. I beleive that they were doing this to avoid the larger boars. I kept a journal last year of my trials in the field. I spent much needed energy finding out what was not working for a while. I have over 6 pages of jounal entries mapping out the bears activities, likes and dislikes, and habits. I get pretty anal when it comes to hunting and find myself looking at my notes after each hunt. I feel that with the larger pile and lots of stink bait, I can keep more bears there longer because the food is not running out quick. I also feel that this starts some good competition when the feed starts to run low between several bears. A good friend of mine has 3 bears on video that appear to be wrestling over the last bit of chow. Good luck jamie on your hunt. I never thought that I would get thsi much into bear baiting, but I am hooked now!!!!
Old 05-12-2006, 04:58 PM
Banned

SWEET; congrats.

Quick Reply: Bear season is over(pics included)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.