Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Bigfoot???

Old 05-17-2006, 03:23 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Bigfoot???

People believe all kinds of crazy things. Tune in to Art Bell or George Norrie (?spelling) late at night some time. I put no credence whatsoever in an eyewitness account. I think experience in life teaches us that we humans have an almost infinite ability to be full of crap. (Follow politics for a while if you doubt that.) Also, never discount the hoaxer element. People do strange things. They put on Civil War outfits and run around playing war. They construct elaborate crop circles. They make big fiberglass molds and monkey suits and run around in the woods trying to trick people. I know first hand this it true.

Actually, I think the whole Bigfoot myth is fascinating, and I've read alot about it, spent lots of time imagining. Some nights, even now, I'll lay in my tent and feel the hair rising on the back of my neck. What if?

But logically, there is no such creature. They've spent 40 years or more now with dedicated "researchers" running around, promising Bigfoot around the next corner. Yet they never manage to find him. Now we've got trail cameras. I imagine we'll get a string of vague, blurry photos in the next few years, but the creature will still elude proof. Because it ain't out there.

That said, I hope the myth never dies.
Old 05-17-2006, 08:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was a bit south of the Canadian Border and I had hit the bag in my pup tent for the night and I was drifting off. Then I heard a loud blast of air, kind of sounded like that T-Rex in Jurassic Park the movie. The first thing I thought was a PO'd moose had snuck up and he was going to turn my wigwam into loose threads. Then just a few seconds later the same blast but further away from the tent. And no footstep sounds!.... Much too tired from humping the hills that day, I went back to sleep. Made inquiries on that with various game people later, and a bird expert said their best estimate was that it was an owl. They can make wierd sounds. Cracked me up. Well, I am not convinced about Bigfoot but I find the notion entertaining.
Old 05-18-2006, 11:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dirt, I think your just pissed off because you didn't get drawn in the quota hunt this year and your trying to keep the out of staters from coming in, but I think the word is out and there's going to be more pressure put on them this year. I got a 600 tag which means I can only use a bow and arrow cause they have been around residential areas. I had some small ones come by last year, but this year they just might may be bigger.

Bobby
Old 05-19-2006, 02:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm interested in Big Foot myself. Here's some interesting stuff to read. Watch the video clip for a few minutes. Watch the muscles move under the skin. Look at the face. If you look close, you'll notice its a female. This was filmed in 1967.Its the Patterson footage, for those not into Bigfoot. If it is fake, Mr. Patterson should have worked in Hollywood doing make up. If some of you skeptics would read up a little, you might find it interesting.

http://www.geocities.com/ricktullos/

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/

Old 05-19-2006, 08:09 PM
Banned

Nice moose in your avatar. Do you really believe in bigfoot?
Old 05-20-2006, 01:08 AM
Typical Buck

i keep telling you that its my ex-mother in law and her family no question if you saw her you would belive in bigfoot to
Old 05-21-2006, 08:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have to admit that I believe something is going on.

I read or heard, somewhere, that there are over 30,000 reported sightings ( this DOES NOT include sightings that go on unreported ) in the last several hundred years. That,s alot of reported sightings. Surely they are not all hallucinations or misidentified known animals. Most people that report sightings, only get ridicule for reporting. There's no reason to report sightings, unless you like having people think your a nutcase. Just look at the ridicule the guy got that started this thread.

There have been sightings reported by police officers, park rangers and people that are upstanding citizens.

Even Jane Goodall, Primate expert, of " Gorillas in the Mist" fame, believes there are bigfoot type creatures that remain undiscovered.

Even expresident Theodore Roosevelt had a run in some large animal at a campfire one nite. He didn't see it, but heard it growl at close range, just outside the light of the campfire. He could not identify the sound but knew it was of no animal he knew of.

There are sightings of large hairy Primate/Human type creatures all over the world. Countries like, Australia, Russia, China, Nepal, France, Malasia, Europe, South Americaand Africa. have their own Bigfoot type creatures. They go by many names.

Just about every Native American Indian tribe has a name or legend about a Bigfoot.

Here are a few;

Bigfoot
Sasquatch
Windigo
Yeti
Abomidable Snowman
Yerin
Yowie
Aigypans
Curinqueans
Di-di
Arulatataq
Grassman
Momo
Oh-mah
Florida Skunk Ape
Woods devil
Nuk-luk
Bushman
Almasty
Alma

And many more.

That many sightings, that many names, seen in that many places world wide, there has to be something to it.

Some people chalk it up to people with a wild imagination or wanting a little fame. I don't buy it. People only get made fun of for saying they saw a bigfoot and aren't taken seriousely.

There is no personal gain for reporting a sighting, so why would so many people do it?

The Malasian Govt., right now, is funding an expedition to discover their Bigfoot. They want tobe the first to prove the creature exists. There are reports that they have some super clear photos that aren't being released yet. They are taking it pretty serious.

Also, there are many hair samples that have been tested that have no DNA match. They can only say the are Primate related. Of course they don't say much about that in the media, just like they don't report the good that ushunters do.

There have been lots o cases of huge tracks being found that have 5 or 6ft. strides in deep snow going uphill. How could an average man put on huge carved feet and walk in deep snow going up hil and threw the woods taking 6ft strides? The average man has a stride of 3ft.

There are just too many sightings by different people from different backgrounds, different religions, different up bringings, different beliefs, living in different countries, seeing, smelling and hearing the same thing, for hundreds of years. It just seems more impossible that it is all a big hoax.There has got to be more to it.

Several scientist have started out trying to disprove the existance of Bigfoot and ended up proving to theirself it might be real. Grover Chrance (?) is one.

Ther was also some FBI finger print expert, I forgot his name, that was a skeptic. He analized plaster casts and found dermal ridges. And something about the ridges runnig horizontal like primates and not verticle like human.

There's just alot of interesting stuff out there, about Bigfoot, that makes one wonder.

Most people just scoff at the idea and make jokes, but those people haven't really read much about it or looked that deep into the mystery.Some that have, like those mentioned above, came away on the other end of the spectrum.

Try reading a little on the subject. It is interesting. There are many Websites with lots of info. This is a good place to start.

Spend an hour here and you might not be so skeptical.

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/
Old 05-23-2006, 01:21 PM
Typical Buck

Yeah you got me! I never draw that darned tag.
Old 05-23-2006, 01:31 PM
Typical Buck

It's too funny you used that wording, because here's the deal. Roger Patterson DID work for Hollywood. In fact, he worked as a photographeron a planet of the apes type project BEFORE he made his famous film. Interesting, huh? Incidentally, most of the big Sasquatch searchers of the time considered Patterson to be a con man.

Now to throw you a bone, I rather think there is something in the Himalayas. It would be no particular big whoop if there was another primate running around over there, since they have several know species of apes and monkeys in the immediate area. If they find it, it'll probably be some relatively unspectacular variation of some other primate they already knew.

But in North America? I doubt it. We have no wild primates of any kind here, never have had. The bigfoot sites promote the critter in just ridiculous places, like Maryland. I just don't know how any logical human can think a nine-foot tall monkey is running around friggin' Maryland but nobody can prove it.
Old 05-24-2006, 06:22 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Dirt2

It's too funny you used that wording, because here's the deal. Roger Patterson DID work for Hollywood. In fact, he worked as a photographeron a planet of the apes type project BEFORE he made his famous film. Interesting, huh? Incidentally, most of the big Sasquatch searchers of the time considered Patterson to be a con man.

Now to throw you a bone, I rather think there is something in the Himalayas. It would be no particular big whoop if there was another primate running around over there, since they have several know species of apes and monkeys in the immediate area. If they find it, it'll probably be some relatively unspectacular variation of some other primate they already knew.

But in North America? I doubt it. We have no wild primates of any kind here, never have had. The bigfoot sites promote the critter in just ridiculous places, like Maryland. I just don't know how any logical human can think a nine-foot tall monkey is running around friggin' Maryland but nobody can prove it.
Funny LOLExactly. Look at all the deer hunters making deer drives throughout America every year. Still no dead Bigfoot shot. That's because the hoaxers know to put their bigfoot costumes away and stay out of the woods during deer season.

Quick Reply: Bigfoot???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.