Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Urgent!!! our Public land is for sale.

Old 04-24-2006, 06:49 AM

Default Urgent!!! our Public land is for sale.

Guys I havn't been on here in a while but I am not sure if you know that 300,000 acres of publis land is up for sale if this proposal goes through. Please check out the USDA.Gov website and search for release 0107.06. If you think this is unfair please make comments as directed comments will end May 1st. I don't think our Public Land should be used as a piggy bank for when someone needs some money.
Old 04-24-2006, 05:38 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Urgent!!! our Public land is for sale.

need to sell it to pay for the tax cuts..................................
Old 04-24-2006, 08:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

Its a very small portion of public land thats for sale. However this may be just the start. Much of the public land is land lost for taxes and should be back on the tax list. I do not really favor the sale of the land but many feel that there should be no public land as it contributes nothing to taxes. As hunters we like to see the public land for use like hunting and fishing and such. To non outdoors people, its a leak in the payroll.
Old 04-24-2006, 11:28 PM

ORIGINAL: tangozulu

need to sell it to pay for the tax cuts..................................
tax cuts help the economy in supply-side economics. they just aren't working because government is spending too much money. no doubt sale of the pulic lands will help pay for our national debt or government spending, not tax cuts.
Old 04-25-2006, 08:53 AM

It is a slippery slope.

I fear once they start down that slope, it will not lead to a good place (for the American public). [Literaaly.]

How ironic, that the U.S. Forest Service management people I talk to say "we were better funded and served" under the Democrats (these are both "old timers and newbies"); they see the Republicans gutting all the funding with a pen trying to stop the economichemmorage elsewhere with no sense of what is going on "on the ground." In these situations, without money there is nothing.

I'm a Republican....
And I'mdistraught onmore political counts than just this "Sell Our Public Lands Issue."
The gun issue will keep me from ever going Democrat; however, I wish the "pendulum" would return more to center.

They should not sell public land. Trade land parcesls ---okay; sell the land and then ship the $$$ to never-never-land, no.
Old 04-26-2006, 06:56 PM
Fork Horn

I read this a few weeks back and there was no story in that mornings paper that got me HOTTER[:@]. While some tracts may be small in hunting terms. NO!! public land should be sold for government or privateprofit[:@]. Itcan be traded for equel or better value.But not sold!!!!!!!!!!!! And any congressperson who votes for such a sale will lose this mans vote[:@]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This Land Is Your Land........This Land Is My Land!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!@#$%^

GLOB!