Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

APPLICATION MISTAKE!!!!

Old 04-12-2006, 08:34 AM
Fork Horn

Default APPLICATION MISTAKE!!!!

I recently got my postcard in the mail from Montana that provides the amount of bonus points I have acquired thus far in their big gamedrawings and noticed that I was missing a whole years worth of bonus points (moose, goat and sheep). I then contacted the Montana G&F and they advised that I had neglected to pay for my points ($20). Knowing this was not the case I quickly added up all the application fees and found that I had made a simple mathematical error and had paid all the required money except a lousy $9! In short they didn't care what excuse I had they were not going to give me my points (I even offered to send the lady $9, ha) so they kept my $2300 for 3-4 months andI got nothing out of it. Anyone else ever make one of these stupid mistakes?
Old 04-12-2006, 09:23 AM

Default RE: APPLICATION MISTAKE!!!!

Ouch. That hurts. I usually forget to send in for preference points all together. Just like this year, I didn't remember until the last day, so I had to go 85mph on the interstate over to Cheyenne to get to the state G&F office by 5:00. Mad it with 15 minutes to spare! I can't say that I've ever messed up on my apps, although I did accidently fill out the carcass coupon on my deer tag for an elk one year (I forgot I had both tags in my wallet). I had to drive to the G&F office in the next town over and explain it to them so that I could get a new deer tag. Those silly little mistakes happen to the best of us.
Old 04-12-2006, 12:14 PM

We don't have prefernce points here, but I have put in for the wrong draw once(or twice[]).

Kirby
Old 04-13-2006, 05:45 PM
Typical Buck

I tend to be totally Anal when it comes to filling out turkey, deer, elk, etc permits and I only times drive my hunting partners nuts with it but it gets done properly. With hunting in alot of western states becoming more complicated, I can definitely see where it can happen to a person. I can bet one thing though...it won't happen to BGHunter00 again...
Old 04-16-2006, 05:34 PM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

If you apply enough it's bound to happen. My first couple years I lost 2 preferencepoints. The only one that was my fault was CO mule deer. I sent in double the tag fees. I got screwed out of one CO sheep point when my app was lost in the mail. Applied clean for 8 years now. I do about 30 per year.
Old 04-19-2006, 04:00 PM

ouch that hurts, with everybody rackin up there points losin them really hurts i hope im fortunate enough to never make that mistake.