Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

243 for Elk?

Old 03-28-2006, 04:37 PM

Default RE: 243 for Elk?

It was a little early but Loof Lirpa=April Fool. I thought it might be good for a laugh, sorry if anyones blood pressure was elevated. Good for those of you who figured it out! I thought the "wilderness experience" "243 for elk" and "140 acres" were also good clues! Once again I apoligize if anyone was offended, it was intended to give everyone a giggle.
Old 03-28-2006, 09:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

No foul, I thought it was funny. As you stated you left more than adequate clues. wilderness/140 acres/guaranteed hunt were more than enough. I must confess, I didn't figure out the name though.
Old 03-28-2006, 09:36 PM

LOL!
Old 03-29-2006, 12:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MAN!!!!!
Just wait till EKM get's a hold of this,good joke.I didn't pick up on the name.LOL
BBJ
Old 03-29-2006, 01:17 PM
Typical Buck

LOL. Good one. I did want to add though that Texas does have a 100% free range herd of elk out in west Texas. Most of thier range is on private ranges and I could not venture a guess at what the price would be, but there are no high fences and they are as wild of any elk on the planet.

-john
Old 03-29-2006, 02:43 PM

Nice one, Al!
Old 03-29-2006, 03:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

TX_Hoghunter

titleAndStar(92,0,false,false,"","")
Spike

[align=center][/align]
LOL. Good one. I did want to add though that Texas does have a 100% free range herd of elk out in west Texas. Most of thier range is on private ranges and I could not venture a guess at what the price would be, but there are no high fences and they are as wild of any elk on the planet.

Not trying to take anything away from Texas but when I think of elk country (wildreness type) I think of big tall rockiemountains, topped with granitepeaks, huge valleys and basins all timbered in pines, firs, and aspens and dotted with small parks and large meadows. I admit I have never been to Texas but from what I've heard about it, its mostly flat with a few mole hills dotting the land (judgeing from an Idahoans point of view). Now I am very gald that there are free ranging elk roaming around Texas and that you can hunt them. I am also glad that there are elk being introduced all over the place, most of it is not your typical looking elk county. But thats OK because at least they are safe from the dang wolves anda lot of hunting pressure. From what I understand they aredoing well, and increasing in population to the point where they are causing problems. Goodproblem for the local hunters, butfrom my point of viewwhen someone says they are dreaming of a elk hunt, the state of Texas, or any state back east its not what their dreams are made of.This joke had me going for awhile and I thought thatCowboy Alwas crazy. lol good one.
Old 04-27-2006, 11:51 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: AK Jeff

Don't even bring a gun. When they lead your elk over to the feed bin on a leash you can just whack it in the head with a hammer. There's no free range, "wilderness" elk hunts in Texas. 140 acres is nothing for size. You'll be lucky if you can find a spot where you can't see the high fence. What you're booking isn't a hunt, it's a paid execution and there's nothing sporting about it. Save yourself the hassle and buy an elk head on eBay and then make up a b.s. story about how you trekked into the wilderness to harvest the majestic beast. This crap disgusts me.

This one time, at band camp, I stuck a 243 in my.......
Old 04-27-2006, 03:03 PM
Typical Buck

You would have to be a VERY good shot.
Old 04-29-2006, 11:18 AM
Banned

It's all about proper shot placement. I myself spending that kind of money to hunt would get a .270 or bigger. Tell the wife you need another gun. Used 30.06's are cheap and plentiful to come by and can be an all around gun shooting 55 gr bullets for varmints all the way up to 200 gr for elk,moose,bear. P.S. You got me. I didn't read the post thougherly[:@]