Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

wyoming hunt question

Old 03-17-2006, 11:19 AM

Default wyoming hunt question

i was wondering im moving to wyoming this coming year and was how the hunting is , and how much governementland is to hunt their. also wondering if im a resident was my chance of getting a elk and deer tag, also is it like hard to get the deer tag or the elk tag, thanks for yalls help
Old 03-17-2006, 02:46 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: wyoming hunt question

Do a google search on "wyoming game and fish". You can get all the info your looking for from their homepage: seasons, dates, harvest rates, application deadlines.... Success, accessability, etc... varies from place to place around the state.
Old 03-17-2006, 05:27 PM

You will have to live in Wyoming a full year before you can apply or buy tags as a resident. Odds of drawing are some what better as a resident than nonresident. Close to half the state is public land.
Old 03-17-2006, 09:53 PM

as a resident to wyoming you can go down to the local conoco and buy an elk and deer tag . and last i knew wyoming was 54% public land. about 150,000 acres? do go to game and fish site and check it all out!
Old 03-19-2006, 03:47 PM

Are you an active member in the military? If you are, then you only have to reside in Wyoming for 90 days to qualify as a resident.
Otherwise it's a year ("12 months prior to applying for the license"). They will check TOO!
To answer your first question, hunting is superb in Wyoming. One of the main reasons I can't leave! Elk, Mule deer, White tail deer, Antelope (Pronghorn Sheep), Black bear, Moose, Mountain Goat, Rocky Mountain sheep, Mountain lion, migratory birds like goose & duck, pheasant, grouse, fishing for several species of native and non-native trout, walleye, cats, perch, bass, . . . my fingers are getting tired. All live and thrive here! And more public land than any other state in the lower 48.
Old 03-21-2006, 12:11 AM

game4lunch is right on. Your chances of getting elk/deer/antelope tags varies on the areas/seasons you want to hunt. We have general seasons here for elk and deer that you can go buy tags over the counter for. Many of the hunt areas have general season earlier on then become special draw later in the season when the animals begin to migrate. Some areas with low numbers only have special draw hunts, though. So it just all depends on when and where you want to hunt. As for antelope, the tags are all special draw, so your chances of drawing tags for some areas are very low and for other areas are 100%.

Actually, Wyoming sucks and there isn't anything to hunt here. Views aren't very good either. Don't waste your time moving here.
Old 03-21-2006, 10:12 AM

Just wondering wyotimberghost, how do you type so well with that tongue stuck in your cheek?! (lol)
Old 03-21-2006, 04:47 PM

Hehe I guesse it's just a gift.

By the way, do you ever fly fish around Laramie? I'm looking for some places to go now that things are starting to melt.
Old 03-21-2006, 06:26 PM

ORIGINAL: wyotimberghost

Hehe I guesse it's just a gift.

By the way, do you ever fly fish around Laramie? I'm looking for some places to go now that things are starting to melt.
You are kidding right! gowest on 80 with a map, anytime you see water check you map to see if its public. Then fish it,
Old 03-21-2006, 10:43 PM

I'm talking about "secret" spots. If I was just looking for any ole spot to fish I could go literally hundreds of places. I already have several honey holes around here. I was just checking to see if he would suggest more places that I have not yet fished. Any dummy can drive along and drop a hook in the first stretch of public water that he sees on a map.[:'(][:@] Not to say that doing so is a bad thing, but you're implying that I lack the intelligence to drive out and find some water to wet a fly in. Not Cool.

Quick Reply: wyoming hunt question

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.