Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

wyoming hunt question

Old 03-22-2006, 11:23 AM

Default RE: wyoming hunt question

Some of my favorite fishing is on the Platte, between Six mile gap and a campground called Pickaroon, (where the Douglas joins the Platte.) Only access is by foot, and has had very strick slot limits and bait regs for several years. Flies and lures only. Not exactly near Laramie, but is accessed through Albany, over the Medicine Bows, and down to the Platte. Closer to Laramie, I still get a kick out of beaver ponds for Brookies. There's a lake called North Crow Reservoir between Laramie and Cheyenne that is left alone in the spring for the most part.
Next week I'm heading to some "warmer water" around LaGrange and Torrington to try some spring cat's and eyes!
Old 03-22-2006, 06:05 PM

Thanks! I'll have to go give that lake a try here soon. Have you tried your hand at catching tiger muskies in Grayrock's Reservoir? Well good luck fishin for channel cats!
Old 03-23-2006, 07:25 AM
Typical Buck

I live in Florida but my Heart lives in Wyoming...some of the most beautiful & majestic places I have ever seen, I wish I was there now
Old 03-25-2006, 11:31 AM

Just got my internet working again! Thanks Earthlink!
In response to your tigermuskie ???? Seems our G&F decided they were a bad idea. Kept eating all the fish everybody else wanted, walleye, crappie, smallies, etc. Seems that more and more tigermuskies were found floating around the lake with bullet holes in them! They cruise around on top of the water, kind of like an alligator. Plus, they don't reproduce. So the G&F stopped stocking them. Besides, the water level the past couple years has been several hundred yards from the ends of the boat ramps. More than a mile from the high water mark. Not much water! I don't even go there anymore.
Old 03-25-2006, 12:21 PM

It was not ment as a slam, but more of a hint,I figured you had fished the BIG spots. You may need to light a candle to fine it.
Old 03-27-2006, 01:48 PM
Fork Horn

wyotimberghost

you have PM