Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Wolf sighting near Walden, CO!! see this!

Old 03-07-2006, 08:54 PM

Default RE: Wolf sighting near Walden, CO!! see this!

ORIGINAL: hunt genious

Looks like a very very very healthy coyote to me of course we done have any wolves out hear in washington state or at least that could be doug up.

I know. But if you read the press release, they tell you that the video was taken by Colorado Department of Wildlife people. They should know the difference. And I've never seen an all black Coyote.
No one knows for sure without capturing it and doing an analysis on it, but in any event, it's at least a cross or hybrid and that means a wolf was around.
My point: They are expanding their terratory well beyond the Yellowstone region!
Old 03-07-2006, 09:29 PM

They are expanding their terratory well beyond the Yellowstone region!
Everyone seems to know this but the feds............
Old 03-09-2006, 08:48 AM
Typical Buck

Hey Wyo, I think they know but choose to look the other way..
Old 03-09-2006, 11:22 AM
Typical Buck

I've seen this ole trick before....that's just a sheep in costume!
Old 03-15-2006, 10:33 AM
Typical Buck

...and the plague continues to spread...
Old 03-25-2006, 02:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you spend any amount of time in northern, especially northeaster Minnesoata "wolf sighted" would be answered with a shrug of the shoulders and "so what?"

My family lives square in the middle of wolf country in NE MN. They have for around 100 years. In the past 30 years the numbers have skyrocketed. In spite of the state and fed nature boys/girls best attempts to downplay the number of wolves (2000+is the number they've quoted) for years. Although, honest people who live in this part of MN know and believe there are a hell of a lot more than that. They (DNR and feds) have every reason to underestimated them, so they can continue to "study the wolves" and get truckloads of more tax dollars to "manage them".

You'll find over the years as the wolf pop. in your states grows all the non-sense the gov't "experts" (most of whom never lived in wolf territory for any length of time) come up with.

All I can say is don't expect people who know nothing of the truth about wolves and how they affect the herds of their prey and domestic animals (livestock, pets, etc.) to help you out. You've got to find a way to manage to live in such areas in spite of ignorance of most in urban areas and other parts of the country that have NO population, but who are all too willing to push their fuzzy headed views on you where you live.

Good Luck!