Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Mule Deer Video

Old 02-25-2006, 10:03 PM
Fork Horn

Default Mule Deer Video

Here is a great video of me and my buddy last year on a Wyoming Mule deer hunt.

Edited out by Turkeyreaper
Old 02-25-2006, 10:16 PM

Default RE: Mule Deer Video

Hey thats a good vid you got there. So was it a stinky gut cause it kind of looked like you hit him in the spine or did you get him in the boiler room? But other than that at 375yds thats still one hell of a shot.
Old 02-25-2006, 11:16 PM

You've GOT to be kidding me??? [:-][][:@][:@][:@][:@]

First off DUMBARSE, do you think you are Carlos Hatchcock or something? You can't even properly hit a broadside animal at 375 yds, much less one that is bedded!!! [:@][:@][:@]

Second off DUMBARSE, thanks for the video evidence I will gladly forward too WY G&F, you are required to wear HUNTER ORANGE while big game hunting in WY!!!

With "hunters" like you we are ALL doomed!!!
Old 02-26-2006, 02:02 AM

LOL the guy with the video camera sounds like Jack Black. By the way Red, I don't think he would have posted the video if he knew he was breaking the law in it, and knowing that he helped fund important conservation efforts in Wyoming with his licensce money and helped support Wyoming's economy by buying food and other things here I think we can let his slip up slide. Lets not deter him from hunting in Wyoming again by turning his hunting experience into a bad one. Besides, hes the one endangered by not wearing orange. As for his shooting, well, I won't make any arguments for him, but I'll bet he regretted that second shot the instant he opened the deer up and the guts and that nasty smell came shootin out.
Old 02-26-2006, 11:48 AM

WTG I don't honestly think that most other WY residents feel the way you do about out of state hunters that come too their state, take shots that they obviously are NOT prepared nor good enough to take. And they CERTAINLY don't want non-res' slinking through the brush while disregarding state regulations. What other laws were violated on that hunt that we DIDN'T see on the video? Are we to assume he was even legally on that land? Did he have the proper licenses?

I can tell you that when I mulie/antelope hunted in WY the year before last it was the non-res hunters who gave ALL of us hunters a bad name. The outfitter I used had a 100k acre ranch leased in the Crazy Woman Creek region southwest of Buffalo. We spent a couple hours on two different days chasing down non-res IDIOTS who were riding the roads looking for bucks close enough to be shot from the roads. One of them was from Oregon and another was from WIS so they come from EVERYWHERE. Their arguement? "Oh we thought we were on BLM land". As the old adage goes, IGNORANCE is no excuse for the law. (Likewise in cases such as this video, that same IGNORANCE is blissas well.) I used my own video camera to film the poachers from Oregon dragging a small muley off the ranch and up onto the road and loading it into their truck. The outfitter was going to use the footage as evidence to be prosecuted.

I just won't dismissthis as a "honest intentionsgone awry". The morons in thevideo seemed completely content with such inept shooting and doing so while blatantly breaking the orange law as well. Justun-acceptableIMHO. If he would have turned around after that gutshot with a grimmace on his face and expressing remorse for such crappy shooting I might have been a little more understanding. But instead you could clearly see the relief and happiness of just putting a hole in something, regardless of whether or not it was a quick and humane kill. The buck didn't walk back over the crest of the hill and drop dead either, at least not by the video. How are we to know that he didn't high tail it 1/2 mile across the plains in excrutiating agony, and all because Sir Bust A Cap was just content to poke acouple of holesin his hide!

Sorry if I have offended anyone else, but I won't retract my statements too and about the clown in the video as I think ANY criticizement iswarranted by such careless actions!!!
RA

ps
BTW "reaper" did you have ANY clue what was over the hill? I guess you slept through that part of Hunters Safety like you did the part about hunters orange huh? If a ranchers house, livestock, other game animals (or gasp another person like a ranch hand or other hunters) were over there, what do you think they would have to say about your "fine shootin"? Did the landowner see this tape? If so I seriously doubt you will returning too that place in WY next year!!!
Old 02-26-2006, 12:12 PM

I pretty much agree with RA.
Old 02-26-2006, 01:07 PM

Since video is gone can someone who saw it say what happened. From what I picked up is it possible he didn't know he hit it in the guts? 375 is a long ways to tell the impact and if you just see the animal hit, it could be possible to be mistaken. But I can't see it so I don't know.
Old 02-26-2006, 01:07 PM
Fork Horn

Red, First of all, I agree with the orange concerns, even though you sound like a arrogant prick that never had a bad shot in his life.I'm sorry that I am not as good as a hunter as you, maybe you should have your own show and demonstrate how cool you are, You can call it "Red Knows All" and you can point out how everyone does it wrong and point it out in the most distasteful way. Did it ever occur to you all I wanted to do share some video's? Not that it matters to someone who is clearly a bitter person at heart.
Having said that I edited the link off the page,NOT because of you and your ridiculesrants I might add... Get some therapy!!!!

For everyone else.. Sorry, just wanted to share the hunt.

Old 02-26-2006, 03:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

MThunter, I saw the vid link that was posted. It entailed 3 shots where the cameraman zoomed in on the animal;
#1 was low when the animal was bedded down
#2 was clearly in the guts, Heavy hunch looked sick, hide ripple and they even discussed after the shooting was all done
#3 was 1/4 awayupper lungs

After shooting they (shooter & cameraman) discuss 350 yards, never said if this was determined by a LRF or best guess.

Yes, he knew it was gut shot at the moment and for sure upon fd'ing the deer, to answer your question!

turkeyreaper, really what did you expect would be the reaction?

Yes we all have made poor shots and hopefully learned from them. I think red was commenting more onthe poor decisions made onyour hunt???? Excitement can cloud judgement, which this obviously protrays (not only the video itself but the fact you are wondering why such a reactionof the events well after the excitement has dwindled of the situation). IMHO a mistakecan bea learningopportunity but only ifthe individualtakes responsibility, realize what could have been done differentlyand vow to use it to futhertheir education. To sideline it is irresponsible and frankly many hunters don't like this attitude as it is the bad decisions that reflect more than all the good ones on us as a whole. Hopefully once you mull it over some, let the back lower &will learn something for your future hunts.

Thanks for sharing and instead of be p'd about it use it to make you a better hunter. Lots of experience & worthhere so don't leave the sand box just yet!
Old 02-26-2006, 09:28 PM

I have not seen the video, I do however see most every video of every good and bad shot I have ever taken in my head. Most I would take again, some admitidly I would take back. Most of the take backs I only ruined meat on, however I hunt in area that is so brush'y that if an animal runs even a short distance,it can mean an exhaustive search. I can however say I know where all my bullets shot at animals reside, and I thankfully have none un-accounted for. I Have had close calls and my personal rule is if my bullet hits it or I think it might have, It is my animal and I will hunt that animal only through the season. I only hope fellow hunters learn from our bad shots on the net. Ionly loose respect when the proper effort is not spent to fix a bad situation.

Quick Reply: Mule Deer Video

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.