Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Weird Moose Pics

Old 02-15-2006, 08:26 PM

Default Weird Moose Pics

I seen these pics posted on another site i figured i would share them with everyone since i found them to be so bizzare. The moose hanging there was apparently caught in the wire when the wire was on the ground and then when they started to stretch the line out it got pulled up with the line then when they tried to energize the line it didnt energize so they walk the line and found the moose hanging there, and they ended up having to kill it and take it down.
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c72/lethalconnection/moose3a.jpg
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c72/lethalconnection/moose4a.jpg
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c72/lethalconnection/albinomoose.jpg
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c72/lethalconnection/albino2.jpg
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c72/lethalconnection/albino3.jpg
Old 02-15-2006, 09:07 PM
Spike

Default RE: Weird Moose Pics

odd....
Old 02-16-2006, 11:05 AM
Fork Horn

Unlike most crap floating around the internet those pictures of the moose hanging from the powerlines are real. That happened when they were stringing power lines to the Pogo Gold mine near Delta Junction, Alaska. They laid out several miles of line at a time and then winched them up into place. The lines were hanging a few feet from the ground and that rut crazed bull decided to whoop some ass. He got his antlers tangled up and when the crew started to winch they realized something was wrong. They went back down the line and found him hanging there. They dropped him down right away so he was only airborne for a matter of minutes, but they couldn't get him free once he was down. They contacted Fish and Game and they told the workers to shoot him (moose season was already over). His antler spread was over 60" wide. Hell of a waste of a trophy bull moose, but it sure makes for an interesting story.

AK Jeff
Old 02-16-2006, 06:59 PM

Jeff,

Fish and Game tranquilized him, then decided after he was down that he was too stressed to survive, so they shot him. No meat could be salvaged because he was full of tranquilizers.
Old 02-16-2006, 07:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Interesting...
Old 02-17-2006, 10:29 AM

I knew about this about a year or so ago when it happened... Truly a freak accident.
Old 02-17-2006, 06:22 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: AlaskaMagnum

Jeff,

Fish and Game tranquilized him, then decided after he was down that he was too stressed to survive, so they shot him. No meat could be salvaged because he was full of tranquilizers.
The story that was published in the Fairbanks News-Miner said the workers contacted Fish & Game and told them what had happened. F&G was initially skeptical, but after mulling it around they decided that the workers should just shoot the bull because one of them had a rifle available. They salvaged the meat and the rack was supposedly in the office of the Pogo Mine for some time after the incident. It wouldn't make much sense to tranquilize him and then shoot him. They'd just shoot him and save the drugs for later. It doesn't really matter though. The point is, the pictures are real and the moose was shot after he was brought down. Definately one of those only in AK stories.

Old 02-19-2006, 10:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

I seen this last year as well ,It's too bad ,but sometime's these freak accident's happen .

nubo
Old 02-19-2006, 12:47 PM

WOW!!! AMAZING the moose was alive when they found him!!!
Old 02-21-2006, 05:28 PM

crazy!

Quick Reply: Weird Moose Pics

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.