Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Bears from the ground

Old 02-09-2006, 06:53 AM

Default Bears from the ground

I read a review about the pop up style ground blind on a review page and was considering buying one to hunt over baits. That way I could have a couple of different sites and use the one ground blind instead of having to build 2 or buy a couple of tree stands. My only concern is spooking bears from the ground or becoming "bait" myself! Anyone hunt bear baits from a ground blind?
Old 02-09-2006, 02:44 PM

Default RE: Bears from the ground

I have never done it, but my dad and uncle do. I am still considering trying it, but I like sitting in a tree. I would imagine the pop-up blinds would help conceal your sent and movement and would keep most of the mosquitos away too. I wouldn't be afraid to do it.
Old 02-09-2006, 04:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I do and it works great. Might want to consider a sidearm to have handy just in case. I had a bear last year just 3 feet outside my blind. I used a brickhouse total scent control blind and set it up about 15 yards from the bait with the only open windows facing the bait. I dressed in black to match the inside of the blind and used the shoot through windows. It is worth it to take in a comfortable chair. Much more comfortable than sitting in a tree. Plus I don't like heights!!!!
Old 02-12-2006, 10:42 PM
Typical Buck

i hunt them all the time from the ground or from a tree stand mainly i just slip and stalk works great for me i get my limit each year