Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Wyo. App. Deadlines

Old 01-21-2006, 06:46 PM
car
Typical Buck

Default RE: Wyo. App. Deadlines

It's not 100% but the Newcastle area looks good. Depends on what my wife likes and the price of land. Anyway I am looking forward to living and hunting in Wyoming.
Old 01-23-2006, 08:31 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Wyo. App. Deadlines

ORIGINAL: game4lunch

What?! No they don't! The Wyoming G&F ap gives you the choise of three areas to draw in order of your preference. If you don't draw those, you get your money back.
Draw only areas vs. general licence areas are dtermined more by the Elk populations than whether or not there are big Elk there. It is a way af "managing the herds". An area with a large population will be hunted with a general tag, one with smaller numbers will be drawomg only.
And as far as preference points, I think someone was on LSD when they tried to hunt that dog!
I say, don't waist your money on preference points. A small percentage of tags are set aside for first time applicants so they too will have some kind of chance to draw. Otherwise, nobody would ever apply.
Yeah game the Wyoming G&F give you three options so go ahead and pick three decent areas and chances are you'll get your money back, now if you make the mistake of choosing two decent areas and throw in a less desireable third choice (b/c you really want to get out there and hunt and NOT get your money back) I asure you that you will get your thrid choice (which will typically have alot of pressure).