Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Bear dispatched after attack WARNING GROSS PICTURES

Old 12-14-2005, 09:35 AM

Default Bear dispatched after attack WARNING GROSS PICTURES

I was send these pictures from a friend. It shows the sad reality of the dangers of Brown bears. The included picture of the victim is gross, if offending i will remove the pictures.
Although gross these pictures can be a reminder that the bear is still a very dangerous wild animal and shotplacement IS very important.

Old 12-14-2005, 09:36 AM

Default RE: Bear dispatched after attack WARNING GROSS PICTURES

Picture #2

Old 12-14-2005, 09:40 AM

Victim WARNING GROSS PICTURE !
Old 12-14-2005, 09:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was sent that email, about a year ago also. It was a hoax, and the bear didn't kill anybody. Here is the real story

http://www.blackbearheaven.com/world-record-grizzly-bear.htm

Fiction[*]Ted is a Forest Service Ranger[*]The bear stood on his hind legs and then charged[*]Several people were killed by the bear[*]The firearm of choice was a .7mm, .9mm, or .500 Nitro[*]The bear weighed in at a whopping 1600 lbs and stood 12.5'[*]Alaska Department of Fish and Game seized the trophy because it was killed in Defense of Life or Property[*]The bear is a new world record

Fact [*]Ted is a member of the United States Air Force[*]All shots were from ten yards[*]Ted used a Remington .338 Win-Mag hand-loaded with 250 grain Nosler Partitions[*]Live weight was estimated between 1000-1200 lbs and squared 10.5' (10' nose to tail, 11' claw to claw)[*]The season for brown bear was open, and both hunters possessed brown bear tags[*]The bear was estimated to be in his early to mid twenties[*]Official Boone & Crockett score is 28 14/16 and would rank 150 based on the 11th Edition of N.A. Big Game records
Old 12-14-2005, 10:34 AM
Fork Horn

Aye, heard both stories and looked into it, the latter is true. A beautiful bear none the less.
Old 12-14-2005, 06:06 PM

Funny how stories evolve, heard about 4 different ones to go with those pictures.
Old 12-15-2005, 09:23 AM

Geesh what a hoax! I saw that bear photo about 3 years ago with the factual account of the Air Force member who shot it. It amazes me how someone took that picture and twisted up a lie about it.

If I can get the photo to post, here is a pic of my brother-in-law Miah’s 10’ brown he took off the Alaska peninsula 3 years ago. Miah and his father were about 3 or 4 miles from their camp when they glassed the brute about 500 yards out. They didn’t want to have to cross the marshy ground separating them from the bear for a shot, so they decided to see if the bear may come to them. They started jumping up and down waiving their arms yelling “Hey Bear!” Soon the bear noticed them and started heading at them at a charge. Miah’s dad kept saying “wait for it, wait for it” as the bear drew nearer and nearer. At 100 yards Miah’s nerves got the best of him, and he shot (he was using a 300 Win Mag with Safari loads). The shot only stopped the bear’s charge, and Miah shot a second time. This one turned the bear and it started lumbering off. Miah shot 2 more rounds into the brute, and it collapsed. When he drew near, he put one more into it for good measure. After inspection, all 5 shots were placed in potentially vital kill areas, but still took all to drop this monster.

Miah lives in Alaska, and does a lot of grizzly hunting. This bear is his largest so far.

Old 12-15-2005, 09:32 AM
Typical Buck

The funny thing is the REAL story was posted by the hunter who took the bear on this forum a few years ago. I know...I read it. It's a nice bear and the guy was happy to have harvested it while hunting.
Old 12-15-2005, 09:40 AM

You know RBH, I think it was here I seen the photos too. Funny how it came back around on here with the false story. I wonder what will happen to my bro-in-law's photo now
Old 12-16-2005, 02:26 PM

R&B and Trout, I remeber that also, it was around the time ArticBowMan had a problem losing his bear he shot with his bow I believe. I have seen it on this site a number of times and it has been emailed to me a dozen or so times. Some of the stories even included a half eaten man that the story claimed this bear killed and ate. it is funny how the stories change.

My cousin's girlfriend's father-in-law's brother shot this bear in Wyoming as it was 10 feet from him. It was 15 feet long and weight 2500 lbs. j/k of course.

Quick Reply: Bear dispatched after attack WARNING GROSS PICTURES

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.