Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Eastman Hunting Movies

Old 12-11-2005, 07:01 PM

Default RE: Eastman Hunting Movies

Tango,

Hope thingsare good up there in the cold north! Hearing you talk about old footage brings up a story I will never get tired of watching...over and over and over!!......Alone In The Wilderness ...the Dick Proenneke biography. Im sure you must have viewed it. There is something about that film that cant be explained...maybe because Dick actually lived our dreams for us?!.....my wife always asks how I dont get tired of watching that guy build the same little cabin..lol...for anyone that has not watched this footage its a must do for outdoors lovers. You can order the movies from the website... www.dickproenneke.com/

If the Eastman footage is as genuine and raw as this film I need to snag it up for myself.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:06 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks for the replies Magnum and helo again Hemi.
Actually it was cold but warmed right up last week. I think the old grizz at the dump finally called it a season though and went to bed. There was lots of moose hides, heads etc to feed on till the on ended.
I havn't seen the film your talking about Hemi but will look it up soon. Unlike Dick's time, many cabins far in the bush today have high speed internet via Sat. Here in our small northern town we have managed to scrape together a system that runs at 31 kps.
Here's another old cowboy film maker name I'll throw out.....................
Tommy Tompkins. He shot lots of film in northern BC especially wildlife.
Every heard that name? He must have lived in Ft. Nelson.
Happy Hunting
Old 12-15-2005, 10:22 PM

Tango,

Im not familiar with Tompkins movies so Im no help there. You really should check into Dick Proenneke's biography footage...fascinating! Im sure you would enjoy it. They sell his DVDs on the website.

Its been a pretty mild winter in most parts of BC this year. Although our temps here are average. Most nights about -15 and warms up to -4 or so durring the day. A foot of snow. The elk have moved onto our farm and are drainging our heated water trough almost nightly! Im going to try and get pics of them If I can figure out what time there about.

Have a safe holiday season!
Old 12-18-2005, 10:51 AM

Gordon lived in Cody when he died. His son lived across the street from me for 8 years while developing and writing the Eastmans Journal. His wife was a sweetheart buthe never said more than "Hi" in 8 years.THey are headquarterd in Powell I believe, and thier office was just firedamaged a few months ago because it was next to the Wyoming DCI office which was fire bombed!I used to go to the theater to see Gordons 8mm movies to. I loved them.

Old 12-23-2005, 10:43 AM

My dad took me to all of Gordon Eastmans showings. I ended up buying all of his VHS tapes when I learned they were available. I got mine at www.elkinc.com 'Challanging the NW Territories ' is my personal favorite.
I don't believe Gordon was part of Kodak, dispite his name.

Old 12-25-2005, 10:19 AM

ORIGINAL: AKjim

My dad took me to all of Gordon Eastmans showings. I ended up buying all of his VHS tapes when I learned they were available. I got mine at www.elkinc.com 'Challanging the NW Territories ' is my personal favorite.
I don't believe Gordon was part of Kodak, dispite his name.

No relation to the Kodak film comapany at all!