Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Brown Bear Hunting...

Old 12-01-2005, 05:22 PM
Fork Horn

Default Brown Bear Hunting...

Hey guys... I am looking for advise on a good Outfit in Alaska for Brown Bear. There are 4 of us looking to book a trip with a good reputable outfitter. We want a good chance at Brown Bear with a Bow (we understand the danger and difficulty of this), so I was wondering if anyone on here has been or knows of a good outfit they would recommend or NOT recommend due to bad experience... But the key factor here is we will be Bowhunting... My Grandfather is HUGE into the archery and wouldn't do it any other way...

Thanks for any advise...
Old 12-01-2005, 06:15 PM

Default RE: Brown Bear Hunting...

why don't you try posting this at www.outdoorsdirectory.com

There are some guides who frequent it.
Old 12-01-2005, 07:39 PM
Typical Buck

try posting on www.accuratereloading.com
seems to be a little bit more active board than here. This one is mostly hunting in the western states-----mulies & elk---IMO. CB
Old 12-01-2005, 07:53 PM

Don't forget Eastern Outdoors sportsmans show is in Harrisburg PA this Feb. Great place to talk to guides and outfitters face to face.
Old 12-01-2005, 10:20 PM

Might be a long shot, but Jack Brittingham's "Ultimate Hunting for North American Big Game II" has a bow hunt for a big coastal griz by Richie Bland. Don't know if they may have some info that may help www.jackbrittingham.com - 1-800-440-4515.
Old 12-01-2005, 11:18 PM
Fork Horn

i have actually done quite a bit of research on this, and have come up with a few that seem like good choices. actually today, i booked my dream brown bear hunt with gus lamoureau, which i think is a good choice. i will go in 2008, and also with a bow. however, some other good ones i found were scott mileur, brent jones of AAA outfitters (think thats the name, he was the one who took chuck adams to that big one in the late 80s) and tom kirstein. probably butchered the spelling of these. not sure, but i think that kirstein is the one who took jim ryan to that new possible world record (maybe it got it, havent heard). all of these have great reputations, and i think any would be a good choice. im sure there are also plenty more great outfitters that i didnt mention, but these were the most solid i turned up. good luck in this, and let me know who ya end up deciding on.