Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Feces

Old 11-21-2005, 06:09 PM

Default RE: Feces

Hmm...I took a look for Raccoon droppings and found one picture that looks extremely simliar to what I found in the backyard...http://www.bear-tracker.com/coon.html - it's near the bottom of the page.
Could be?
Old 11-21-2005, 07:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

How badly were the cats hurt? If they just have bite marks I would not rule out a mean wandering domestic cat. As a veterinarian, I see some pretty good bite wounds from other cats. But they are usually limited to puncture and scratches. A coyote would look more like a dog attack, with bigger punctures and maybe some skin actually pulled away from the subcutaneous layers. Could be a raccoon too. They will come in yards and try to steal food and even fight over it. I would be sure your animals are current on rabies shots and be sure and not leave any food out at night. However, it could be the feces is just incidental and it is just a cat fight.

Hope the catsare doing ok.
Old 11-22-2005, 06:42 PM

They don't have bite marks on them. We're thinking that one of the cats that was hurt was in the coulees (just outside our backyard, they're like hills) and then the fox/coyote/raccoon ran after her and then she ran up the fence to get to safety, in the meantime, spraining her paw. And then the other cat must have been on the west side of the yard and ran mad as **** to get to safety as well, and caught his ear on something. Who knows what happened! The droppings we found were fresh, not like right out of the oven fresh, but it wsn'tthere earlier that day and my parents were both out in the yard most of the day until supper time.
Old 11-22-2005, 10:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Do you guys realize that that you have posted on 3 pages of crap.(literally) this is great............
Old 11-22-2005, 11:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

GOOD ONE!!
Old 11-23-2005, 06:07 PM

ORIGINAL: Elkcrazy8

Do you guys realize that that you have posted on 3 pages of crap.(literally) this is great............
I just came here to find out more information. I won't come here again. I'm sorry if I was a burden to everyone - but wait a second,this is the Hunting Message board, correct? And I came here to find out about something that I didn't know about and thought that maybe someone on here may have come across before. SORRY! My MISTAKE! [8D]
Old 11-24-2005, 06:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

jrenter, sorry if I offended you. I was just joking. I find no problem with your questions. I am amazed that there is such an indepth discussion on poop complete with pictures. I hope that your cats are ok. We have been through our share of shaved spots and drain tubes with ours in the last year. If the wounds were from a cat fight and there is any bite marks that are not noticible yet, they could get infected easy. By looking at the scat as good as I can tell from the pic. I would say coyote or racoon also. My buddy was loosing his cats at his ranch a couple of years ago before they became full grown. We found that they were being picked off by owls. I know that the pic of poop is not from an owl, but we found owl pellets in the barn with colors of hair matching his cats. I would be willing to bet, whatever tangled with those cats, did not get away scratch free, and should be detoured from trying it again. Have a happy turkey day!!!!!
Old 11-25-2005, 11:46 AM

take a bit of it see what it taste like if it taste like crap its yote poop and if it taste like berries its fox poop

lol please don't go out and taste it, its a joke
Old 11-25-2005, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GREEK HUNTER

take a bit of it see what it taste like if it taste like crap its yote poop and if it taste like berries its fox poop

lol please don't go out and taste it, its a joke
I think he picked up his toys and went home.

Bobby
Old 11-28-2005, 11:21 AM

Believe it or not there is a web site that discusses the science of "scat".
Here it is:

http://www.abc.net.au/science/scribblygum/september2004/default.htm