Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

I moved from Montana to Wyoming.

Old 10-19-2005, 07:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default I moved from Montana to Wyoming.

I moved from Montana to Wyoming on October 10th. Wyoming requires a person live in there state for 365-days before they can buy a resident license. I hopeto buy a over-the-counter resident hunting license with deer & elk tagson 10-10-2006.

If wyoming does not sell resident license & tags that late in the year? I will buy a Idaho non-resident over-the-counter elk tag.
Old 10-19-2005, 03:53 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: I moved from Montana to Wyoming.

You can check with game and fish on their site, but I believe you can buy an over the counter tag as long as the season is still open. Better confirm that and welcome to Wyoming! Where ya at?
Old 10-20-2005, 02:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats one way to stop pepole from calling ya.

What part of the Cowboy state did ya move to? The tree side or the Sagbrush
BBJ
P.S. Thats one more elk for me.
Old 10-21-2005, 01:29 AM

You could always try buying a resident hunting license without meeting the requirement. If you get caught, just plead ignorance. You live in the state and pay taxes there. That makes you a resident if you ask me. Sometimes laws are rediculous.

When I went to college I moved to a different state. I was 17, away from my parents, and paying my own way. I got an apartment and worked full time, and went to class full time and the university said that I was still a resident of New Jersey. So, I went to a community college for one semester, lied about my residency, then transferred over to the university, and what do you know? I was a resident now!
Old 10-21-2005, 11:49 AM

tom u are an idiot! if u get caught and clam u didn't know the law....it is still illegal! the law does not say if u are an idiot.... well it's o.k.! if u get caught u could loose your wyoming hunting rights for 10 years! i don't think it would be worth it!
wolf, be smart! don't start your hunting life in wyoming the wrong way, follow the laws no matter how wrong they maybe. it will be better for you in the long run. and yes you can buy a elk tag up untill the season closes, over the counter. this year wyoming now requires you to show a wyoming drivers license to get a otc tag. so u must get a new drivers license as soon as you move to wyoming! days are ticking away! good luck
Old 10-22-2005, 09:50 PM

Enough with the name calling. You have your right to an opinion, but I take personal offense when people start insulting me.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I heard montana kicked you out and your not allowed back, but I know of a back road where I can sneak you back in if you want to hunt between now and next year.

Bobby
Old 10-25-2005, 02:20 PM
Typical Buck

Yeah, stay legal. If the law sucks, work on getting it changed, don't break it. Wyoming has an interstate compact with several other states. Loose privileges here and you likely would elsewhere for some time too. They do occasionally check records with other states. If they happen to check your SS# and name with Montana and find that you had a license within less than a year of the one you got in Wyoming....your SOL buddy!

Welcome to Wyoming!
Old 11-23-2005, 09:44 PM

I echo the other ethical guys responses. Dont follow a bad apple like Tom. People like that give our sport a bad name. I see it as you have two choices. One is pay the out of state fee or two go back to Montana if you can purchase a resident tag there. Keep it legal.
Old 11-28-2005, 06:43 PM

With a name like Wolf Killer, all I can say is Welcome to God's Country!

Now as for residencey, check with your local game warden, but I am sure that after Oct.,10 of 2006 , or the morning of the 11th, you are a resident and can buy any resident tag that is availible. And there are quite a few. I am not sure about limited quota that open on the 10th or later, but it is worth checking into.

Where did you end up?

Quick Reply: I moved from Montana to Wyoming.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.