Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

MT Flo. Orange Requirements

Old 10-19-2005, 03:55 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: MT Flo. Orange Requirements

ORIGINAL: KA-POW

ORIGINAL: muley69

I wear blaze orange coat and hat, or at least vest and hat. Why would I want to wear as little as possible? Blaze orange can save your life, why skimp on it? You think an elk is going to spot you if you have on too much orange? Nope, they spot movement, like all critters. I wear solid blaze orange too, not the camo stuff.
I always wear more orange if there are a number of hunters in an area around me, But i've read alot of books and magazines that suggest elk can't "see" orange, but that it can be noticed by them because your not as broken up while moving. this is just what i've read.
They pick up on the movement. Just when you have on camo the movement doesnt stick out like a solid color does.
Old 10-19-2005, 06:57 PM

Default RE: MT Flo. Orange Requirements

i know what you mean about being a zoo. Like i said, if the situation calls for more orange, then i'll have it on. Better safe than sorry. But i do like to be as broken up as possible while still hunting and stalking, which is why i like to wear less orange.