Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Cow Elk III

Old 10-13-2005, 11:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Cow Elk III

This year I used andput this decoy to the test, I have found that it workedgreat in certiansituations, and not so good in others. When dealing with satalite bulls it is deadly and they will be licking your toes when the decoy is used correctly. On the other hand with two different herd bulls both with many cows it didn't work so well. It was just another cow out of the many in the herd. Ilike to hold thedecoy inmy hand and move it around just like a real elk. The down side isyou can't shoot and hold the decoy at the same time. But I found this to be much more effective than juststakeing it to to ground. This year I wanted anice6x6 or nothing and Ihuntedmy butt off and wasveryclose tocompleating that goal.My closest chance at a 6 pointcame becauseof both calling and the use of the decoy.The bull came into me and was 18 yards away but I just didn't have a good shot at him. I have used decoys in the past as well but this year I used it every chance that I got. I think the cow III is the best of them all IMO. Hope this helps Jason.