Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Grizzly Weapons

Old 10-16-2005, 09:37 AM

Default RE: Grizzly Weapons

lmao, Tomshade I to would like to see your "Ninja vs bear" video. That would make for QUALITY entertainment. In fact I believe I would buy a keg and invite some buddies over for the evening.

You would take the bears claw off with one swipe huh? Do you have ANY clue as to how much pressure that would take? I don't believe you could do it with a battle axe, much less an overgrown Bowie knife. My suggestion too you would be to sand the blade down too silky smooth, round the edge off the entire length of the blade and blunt the tip. Why? So when smokie shoves it up your azz, it wont hurt nearly as much.

LOL But I still would like to see someone at least "TRY" to stop 1000#s of pissed bruin charging in at 30mph with their skinnin knife. Maybe my grandad DID kill that bear with a loose leaf notebook on his way to gradeschool, in the snow, up hill (both ways) and then he fed the bear too the school for lunch!
RA
Old 10-17-2005, 03:57 PM

Getting up close and personal with a grizzly is bad enough with a .338 in your hand, I could only imagine sitting there holding your buck knife. The big coastal brownies are just so huge, you cannot imagine until you have actually seen one. Looking at them in the zoo or in the taxidermist's shope just is nothing compared to having your arms inside a moose knowing that there are bears in the general area, then having them show up. It is not fun, and I know when it happened to me I wanted a howitzer not a .338
Old 10-18-2005, 12:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

All you need is a 410 shot gun with bird shot. Thats what a guy here shot one with that was raiding his chicken coop.Heard he shot it in the eyes.You figure.

Bobby