Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Back from Montana

Old 09-27-2005, 07:58 AM

Default Back from Montana

I got back from my bowhunt trip to Montana over the weekend and had a great time. I was hunting for antelope in eastern Montana on blm land. Saw a lot of antelope and quite a few mule deer, including some decent bucks.
This was my first hunting trip out west and it was a learning experience as I have never done any spot and stalking. It was also amazing as how you could be on a high point somewhere and see for miles and not see any pronghorns, but once you stated glassing they would show up. Needless to say I did not get a pronghorn but I did get close, got to within 50 yards of a decent buck, but was not comfortable shooting more than 40 yards and could not close the extra 10 without him busting me. I also had one time where I had my decoy up and a buck about 200 yards away and I blew on my challenge call and he answered me back every time! However he never came in and rounded up his harem and took off. It was a great time though and am looking forward to next time. Thanks Nemont for pointing me in the right direction as I was into pronghorns every day on public land.
Old 10-11-2005, 02:54 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Back from Montana

Bullcan,
Sorry I missed this thread earlier. Too bad about not getting a speed goat but there is always next year. Hope you enjoyed your time in Montana.

Nemont
Old 10-12-2005, 01:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

Neat trip I bet
Old 10-12-2005, 07:13 AM
Typical Buck

That is the best part of the hunt is being outthere trying to outwit the animals. I got back into bowhunting not for the shooting or killing but the amount of time I get to spend playing the game. I bet you had loads of fun and saw alot of nice things. Sounds like a perfect hunt from here.
Old 10-12-2005, 10:46 AM

Sounds like a good time was had by all.